What are you working on currently? (2020)

dy·nam·ic
/dīˈnamik/
adjective
(of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.

As the ball moves higher, it procedurally generates more blocks, and unloads the blocks that are now well below the camera.

4 Likes

Im working on a low poly game

7 Likes

Played around with the new Depth of Field and Atmosphere Properties. I think it went great.

47 Likes

It’s a nice atmosphere, but i think it’s a bit overboard with the blue,
It’s like you’ve got your outdoor ambient, fog color, ambient, and color shift all set to light blue.
“Tinting should be like a spice… Tinting the ENTIRE GAME is like dumping two cups of nutmeg into your dish. You’ll kill people.” (Scott, 07:52 - 08:02).
I jest of course, I don’t get to quote Ross’s game design philosophy. so i can whenever the opportunity presents. but still… maybe dial back the blue a tiny bit?

Ross Scott. “Ross’s Game Dungeon: Deus Ex - Human Revolution”. Uploaded by Accursed Farms, 11 Sep 2016, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYLEuQrvND0

5 Likes

Cycle the same blocks continuously repositioning the “unloaded” blocks like a conveyer belt, or Instance.new() followed by :Destroy()?

There’s a module for re-using parts instead of instantiating new ones, forgot the name of it though.

1 Like

Your “conveyor” method is known as Object Pooling, in which you have a “pool” of objects that you keep reusing. It’s far faster than reinstancing and super easy to implement. There are many open source modules for this, most notable is PartCache.

However, because the point of this project was to finish an MVP as fast as possible, I did not use this method. The entire game uses less than a single percent in the Script Performance activity and only has about 20 parts at a time, so it was not necessary for an MVP. It will be added in the polish stage later on, of course.

3 Likes

its look amazing i want to play it its really fun

Good job! You copied Doodle Jump!

(this is some zkevin stuff not gonna lie)

Working on this cool menu UI - game me and @yacti are working on together :eyes:
The game is going to support Desktop, VR and Console. I’m pretty proud of the main menu so far, so here it is:

Desktop:
oGXy0N8KFM

VR:
xagRpldojW
(Sorry for unsteady footage I was just holding my headset)

Interactions in VR and console support is next!

33 Likes

Yes, Object Pooling and Part Cache are what I was thinking of.

1 Like

Currently learning advanced Lua, and learning tons of stuff regarding the ROBLOX’s engine and studio features. Currently set my aim towards a big game idea and to work on it after I finish advanced Lua.

1 Like

Adding shadowmapping to Crossroads With Guns!

Here’s a sneak peek of the new feature.

7 Likes

Make the ball squish when it bounces, please!

3 Likes

An island creation game where you create your own island and can inhabit it with NPCs, your own custom houses, farm, etc!
Here’s 10 minutes of pre-alpha footage. (skip to around 9 minutes to see the island I made in that time)

17 Likes

I made a new game and it’s called Inquisitors! Play it please:
Inquisitors - Play Now!

Ice Drake

34 Likes

hol up that aint drake

This is impressive! What kind of software did you use to make this?
you could say that drake is… sicko mode

1 Like

update!!11!

Okay so its a bit smaller and less complex than Aquatica’s… but it looks nice so i’ll use it in my game! Some of the areas don’t have fencing and this is because ill put a water slide in that area.

20 Likes

Currently working on my kart-style vehicle, which is ALMOST done.

5 Likes

f### yeah! proper VR support!

Speaking of, I’ve been working more on blockworks

Better hand physics for one.

Lots of improvements.

For refence, here’s the old behavior:

too much force, and the hands just snap past, ignoring the block

Finished that train, i think it looks great now that it’s done and added.

oh, and uh…
this.

33 Likes