What are you working on currently? (2020)

Did you make your own images? I’m just curious.

3 Likes

Yes I made my own images.
The only thing i didn’t make is the mailbox on the second page
and the finger print on the first

i cant believe I wasted a full day making this
lol

4 Likes

Projectile exit is relative to how it entered

44 Likes

It would be really cool and useful if you could see through the portals, if you could do that, it would make the portals much easier to use.

6 Likes

I made a quick mock-up of a kind of screenshot feature. It’s not the best, but it’s interesting to see.

15 Likes

FastValueService:

5 Likes

That’s actually really cool! I’m guessing it uses a viewport frame and copies the map into it, right?

4 Likes

That would be correct! As it doesn’t render the sky, I also placed the a blue frame hidden behind the viewport, so it’s shown in the background when a screenshot is taken.

3 Likes

Semblance! There’s always this feeling behind you…

6 Likes

Very nice, how many tris? Just wondering

2 Likes

They’re based off the doom/quake portals which you can’t see through

3 Likes

A 2-storey lift thing, still basic but i think my lua is improving somewhat.

14 Likes

That’s awesome dude! Keep it up.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on my first full game Cubic Mayhem! I’ve spent the past month ish just refining it to make sure it’s smooth and clean! I’ve had a blast working on it and just playing it testing it and I’m hoping others will also when I publish it.

I’m pretty happy with this thumbnail knowing I’ve mainly made it all inside studio without blender post processing, and then exporting to paint net to add borders and everything

3 Likes

33,000 polygons, expecting mid 40s with landing gears and cockpit internals

2 Likes

Tried the PBR for the first time on a magazine model

6 Likes

Aye, that’s amazing bro. Aha, reminds me of something from super mario galaxy.

1 Like

Currently working on an arcade-style plane game where one flies around with friends, completes missions, and collects rare planes.

I’m no pro at UI design, but I’ve got some things down so far.

4 Likes

I’ve been working on a more proper NN back-prop in Roblox!

Here’s a super primitive example showing what it’s capable of. The background (solid color) of the 2D graph shows what math function I’m using (x^3) + (y^3) which makes the top-left negative (red color) and the bottom-right positive (green color). The network is then given the X & Y and needs to figure out how to get the same output as my input function gives, aka “learning”

Here’s a visual on a smaller network size. You can see the dots (what the network predicts for each x/y pos) is are completely separated after a few runs of the network. Red w/ red, green w/ green

If you let it keep running it’ll also figure out that points near the center aren’t lit up as much as the edges. This is because when you multiple anything below 1 by itself, you just get a smaller number. The NN figured this out after I let it run for a little longer. It’s not perfect, but it does a good job approximating.

32 Likes

I am making a open world game.
This is the gui, any extra advice to make it better?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/688563965508190216/737099934263934986/Gui.mp4

2 Likes