What are you working on currently? (2020)

Ar-ar-ar-ar-ar, matey! There she’ be! THE SUN!

9 Likes

You should probably make motion blur an option(that is disabled by default)

3 Likes

Working on some Standard Meta-Language of New Jersey for a Programming Languages course I am taking. :octopus:

SML is the modern version of ML and is a functional programming language. It’s weird going between Rust, Lua, C++, Python, and ML this semester. Anyway, here’s fibonacci in SML:

2 Likes

Downloaded blender few days ago, now I’m pumping out the low-poly assets for a new map!

if anyone could help with feedback or suggestions here’s my #help-and-feedback:building-support post: Low-poly noob looking for some feedback

15 Likes

A voxel based terrain generator. Trying to find out a way to insert water and sand in it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHo7g7ejX1U Here is one of the many unique seeds that this voxel terrain generator generated

2 Likes

Going to float these here got bored, wanted to do a bot thing.

image image

It also won’t show any topic that’s not publicly available (so no accidental leaking) but if a thread title contains Roblox Developer Forum (such as the rules thread) it can break but planning to fix that also soon.

5 Likes

I had to do that for my 3D perlin noise landscape.
I assume you’re checking the value of Perlin noise at X,Y,Z coords, and only fill it in if it’s above a certain threshold.

could do something like

if NoiseValue < Threshold and Y < WaterLevel then
    --make it water
end

you can do the same for a sand filling underneath

if NoiseValue < Threshold then
    if  Y <= SandLevel then
        -- I don't like sand.prequel_meme
    elseif Y <= WaterLevel then
        -- make water
    end
end
3 Likes

Spatial data structure

20 Likes

Nifty! What’s your planned use case? Or just goofing around?

Steering behaviors and collision detection for my NPC dudes.

2 Likes

A pickaxe

3 Likes

Trying to learn Blender, I made my first render! Simple stuff I know, but I’m learning :slight_smile:

19 Likes

WOW! Probably my favorite island I’ve created…

13 Likes

Remember that custom collider stuff I was showing earlier? I finally finished implementing it! Cars now use less collision parts + they now know where on the car they hit, meaning I can spark particles on the exact impact location of a collision. Here’s a little demo that visualizes with pink dots where the collider was used to spawn particles.

new2

35 Likes

Just did my first podcast episode with @uhTeddy! I think it came out really well. You can check it out below.

5 Likes

I’m working on a V.2 to my game Fort Alexandria. A border/checkpoint mixed with a raid able training base.
No pictures as of now, will update soon.

https://gyazo.com/80590428215fbdea1bcd531391041b44
tracers and night and stuff (already implemented but want opinions)

9 Likes

I don’t know if anyone remembers this v but, I did some work on it :d
FiB 2.5 looks good on this

73 Likes

A nice Moneytruck made by my 3D-Artist and driving on the car chassis made for my game
https://i.gyazo.com/0a63eb8141cb82d39ab086fb8af6a8f6.mp4

13 Likes

Just finished Gilded Isles for public play! GRILLA TESTING - Roblox (it’s worth clicking just to watch the trailer haha)

Really happy with how it came out, thanks to @Rudimentality’s amazing open source project!