What are you working on currently? (2020)

Is there a reason why you avoid using parenthesis on your function calls? Had me puzzled for a minute.

Is that a recreation of old terrain? I really hope it is.

It’s purely aesthetics, and to match more closely the syntax of ES6 imports:

import React from 'react';
import { Button } from '@material-ui/core';

const App = () => <Button color="primary">Hello World</Button>;

With the brackets, you feel like you’re calling a function. Without, it feels (at least to me) more like I’m directly adding a variable to the environment.

It’s explained in the docs briefly that it’s just syntactic sugar, but the following two calls do behave identically:

import { "Roact" } :from "ReplicatedScriptService/Modules"
import({ "Roact" }):from("ReplicatedScriptService/Modules")

I’m currently working on my game where you talk to a block for no apparent reason.

1 Like

I didn’t exactly have the old Roblox terrain in mind when i started working on it, I was more going for that kind of style:) But i guess (looking at photos of the old terrain) you could technically call it a ‘recreation’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are very talented. :heart:

1 Like

ddw
a weapon that I scrapped shortly after making unfortunately

15 Likes

It’s great for starting! I would say more detail around the front area and shape of the building as a whole. All constructive criticism, of course.

No comments, just this wild guy is enough for some to understand what is coming up very soon…

Image from Gyazo

4 Likes

Can’t get internet on my PC to get into Studio, so been exploring web workers on my Chromebook. Made a character creator using Spineworld sprites:
https://sw-cc.glitch.me/

1 Like

Just a thought but you probably shouldnt have no pants be an option :joy:

1 Like

True. I considered it, but then I thought I shouldn’t restrict people from expressing themselves :joy: It’s only a demo/example of using web workers. I don’t intend to maintain it or take it any further.

2 Likes

Yeah, other than that looks pretty good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stadium view from the catwalks I’m working on :cat2:

22 Likes

here’s the size of the halo screen compared to the player lol (the real life one is 63 feet tall)

8 Likes

loading…

26 Likes

This is the new improved version of my Rupaul’s Drag Race game.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to improve it as much as possible

1 Like

epic! Reminds me Doom game :thinking:

1 Like

kind of sad, it looks good though, also are you basing your game off of doom eternal?

1 Like