What are you working on currently? (2021)

Weathermerry Dam
Hello, I am quite new to the DevForum but I’ve been working on a project called Weathermerry Dam, this has been going on for about 5 months.

What’s in it?
Weathermerry includes a treatment plant, a dam (of course), generator room, main office room, and a storage room.

Video

Sorry for crappy frame rate!

Game

https://www.roblox.com/games/6170724129/Weathermerry-Dam

14 Likes

The gun is taking a bit longer than I like, but thats because I discovered new & more realistic methods of making textures as I made my own textures and I just went back & forth iterating the model with newer textures!

Most of the gun is complete, but only the scope so far is fully complete!

28 Likes

By looking at your build, I want to ask, how to make a Blueprint and put it into Roblox?

The blueprint I’m using was uploaded to the real estate website that was listing the apartment for rent

I just imported as a decal and resized it accordingly, nothing special

2 Likes

Oh ok, never mind, good luck on your build.

1 Like

I know you did all decarTions and builds i was wondering if you used this plugin for a template:

2 Likes

Is this a showcase or an actual game?

1 Like

Showcase mostly, soon it’ll be more functional in the future, I am currently a solo developer so it might take some time.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

I saw a plug-in for that on YouTube, they showed someone taking a location on Google Maps and then generates it on the users baseplate.

Have a nice day!

I don’t use that kind of plugin, I like to do everything on my own
You can find more cities that I have built in my profile if you haven’t seen them yet
(Btw, I didn’t even know that there was such a complement)

1 Like

That detail is beautiful and the textures make it look so clean. Keep up the good work!

Screenshot 2021-03-26 104832 making a dungeon game! ive been working on it for some time but failed alot hopefully this goes well!

7 Likes

are you gonna import this with PBR textures?

I will be yeah but because of Roblox’s image limitations I’ll have to down scale my textures from 4k to only 1k so the finer details may be missing sadly. Portfolio/ Render version will stay at 4k though!

1 Like

looks good! did u make the baloon with blender?

Nope! I just used a couple of special meshes.

1 Like

oh ok i was just wondering i did the same with mine

I’d suggest tracing over it in blender as you can get a lower tris count + you can clean up the rear there.
Keep in mind you can apply a smooth shader. Just make sure to change its normals.

1 Like

Is this game published? Or is this just a personal/portfolio build? How it the lag as you move through it?

Nice work!

Right now I am working on a project with JangoF12b and GuestIsJustBest called Civcosm. In summary our goal is to make a mini platform within Roblox where users can play games inspired by the older eras of Roblox. With that, we plan to do events similar to the yearly holiday events that Roblox used to do, such as the yearly Holiday events, like Christmas and Halloween events and Giftsplosions.

For more information on the project check out this post

1 Like