What are you working on currently? (2021)

Hey developers, another year another thread! As per tradition, this thread is to show off your small but cool creations for all your fellow developers to see. So tell us, what are you working on currently?

Previous year

1304 Likes

I will focus on mastering LUA. I am willing to find or join a development team and potentially make a successful game. Also, I started 3D modelling and I am working hard to master it!

Update: I found a great game idea that I will be working hard on for the next couple months.

Update 2: I started many programming languages and I am getting better :eyes:

304 Likes

Working on improving Ro-Chat some more with @GamersInternational. You can check out our progress here: Ro-Chat - Roblox

Here’s some screenshots:

One specific feature we have in mind is advertisements. What do you think of that idea?

331 Likes

Happy new year!

Spent the last (approaching 3) years working on a crazy ambitious kart racer game. 2021 is the year we go big!

[new edit: here are some recent clips of the project!]

[here’s an old clip from like a year ago showing off powerup items]

963 Likes

Working on a huge January update for my game

2021 will be the year we get big
Speak it into existence.

395 Likes

Currently working on an obby which I may work on all year round:

141 Likes

I’ve been doing some Flood Escape 2 maps, like these

“Freezing Cliffs”

“Jupiter”

314 Likes

I’m working on my 3d modeling skills. I just made this little guy today

he’s a tiny cactus

Edit here’s a better image

463 Likes

I am working on a murder mystery game set to release in November:
Game Trailer:

Old development screenshots:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)
psssst @Pirate_Treasure

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

There are a lot more things in-game but I gotta keep it a surprise (:

Here’s a karting game that is set to come out later, not much but it’s getting there:
ezgif.com-gif-maker
ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

Karting game is set to be done Summer-Fall of 2021

200 Likes

Fireworks for New Years! In Game.

203 Likes

I’m currently working on a murder mystery game along with @Declanitory and am taking my time creating a robust framework for it. I don’t want to run into any design issues later down the line, since it’s on the third rewrite. I had worked on it during the summer of last year but didn’t get much time while school was in session. I’ve chosen to dedicate more time into scripting it. Here are some pictures of the lobby:

134 Likes

Happy new year! Recently, I’ve been working on a copy of the game 2048.

Trying out 3D UI animations:

Here are the 3 themes I have so far:
Galaxy (they are supposed to resemble planets, but it definitely still needs some work):

Heat:

Nature:

Portrait mode:

402 Likes

Happy New Year! I’ve been working on my group’s FPS system, and have just implemented an M79 grenade launcher as well as some new viewmodel functionality.

twitter-icon-18-256 Twitter

355 Likes

Im working on a shopping game rn
teasors:

118 Likes

DEAR GOD that reminds me of F1 Race Stars, looks like a great game :+1:

75 Likes

Happy new year!

Started working on a turn-based project a few months ago! While I am taking a small hiatus from it at the moment—I will try to get some good progress on it this year!

(The video is very quiet! You’re going to have to raise the volume quite some bit to hear the audio. Sorry about that!)

224 Likes

Happy new year! It’s been a very long year, for all of us! What have I been doing this past year? Well, I’ve been pushing roblox lighting to the limits! Here are some pictures of my favorite projects I’ve done! :

(This lighting was done for @LuaBearyGood and @OutlookG’s game, Blox Royale!)

(This lighting was done for my friend and great builder, @pailbucketman!)

(This was done for my game, Vibe Forest!)

I’ve also been doing some terrain:

Also check out my Open Source Maps, that you can use in your games!

I cannot wait to see what updates roblox brings this year. Happy new year! :partying_face:

413 Likes

I’m currently working on Mega’s Difficulty Chart Obby!

(It has released!)

124 Likes

Arcane Islands. (RENAME SOON)

105 Likes

Im working on a re-write to my game, Bloxy Kart! Rn at this very moment, I am working on Xbox support.

Edit: Rewrite was reverted due to bugginess, but I am working on a sequel now.

62 Likes