What are you working on currently? (2021)

Just finished the Blender Render for my latest GFX ‘A Ragged Stranger’ It’s a WIP though, as i haven’t done any photo editing yet.

9 Likes

Im testing out Reflective things. So Im starting with reflective floors.

Its still a test. Hopefully I can make it better

Reflective test - Roblox?

15 Likes

More work on the interior! And yes, I know some textures don’t line up, but I couldn’t find good textures that would work. Also, the NPC is just for size reference so it isn’t going to be there when I finish the actual build. The whole build is about 70% done. The only things left to add are furniture, decorations, and a roof.

9 Likes

1911 flat shading (under 1.4k triangles)

13 Likes

Starting off my own summer break with another gun model for fun. I’ve learned a lot and I’ve been able to make the shapes look much more natural by individually manipulating edges, and extruding.

Type 100

Working out the basic shape, and then I’ll add more details soon.

(Ignore the weird cylinders, they’ll be fixed later. The trigger is also not modelled yet lol)

Reference image:
Type100Reference

11 Likes

Here’s some UI I did recently for Sonar Studio’s Dragon Adventures!

Check out the rest of my work here: EGOTISMS: The leading UI/UX Designer + Graphics, Art Direction [CHECK FOR AVAILABILITY]

17 Likes

Mid sized city map for my up and coming open world fighting game! (WIP)

(Click On Image To Expand)

7 Likes

Currently working on a Creative game based on a game I used to play as a kid called Growtopia, as well as adding some of my own ideas and thoughts! Currently in the process of finding a partner to help with the texturing of all the models and blocks, like a texture pack. This game strives to be fun for the younger and older audience alike, offering fun creative blocks and items to spark imagination, as well as elements of economics with trading bargaining and hopefully in the future the ability to create auto-farms and “factories” to rise your way up and become the richest in the game.

Currently In Game:
- Trading
- Building
- Farming(WIP)
- Clothing
- Abilities(Double Jump, Speed, etc…)
- Tools
- Quests
- Leveling
- Infinite amount of worlds to create

Main Menu
https://gyazo.com/18fa91651ebeaaee8b13e61f400650c2

In Game
https://gyazo.com/78525a27149c010d6d3e2bb23d50b8b6

7 Likes

Currently working on accessibility options for my game.

A Deaf Mode inspired by MC’s subtitles option

Visual settings (For those with photophobia or BCM)

24 Likes

DAY FIVE, BUT ACTUALLY SIX - GENESIS ENEMY MODELS
I return from yesterdays absence because I hadn’t finished this one, but here it is.

THE HEX’D

front

back

T̷̻͊h̷͍̀ó̵̰s̸̘̍e̴̛̲ ̸̰̇ẁ̸͖h̷͖̓ơ̶̱ ̷̬͐h̷̥̑a̷̛͙v̵̧̈́ẻ̷̮ ̷̫̓T̸̯̕ơ̷̪l̶̳͐d̸͔̕ ̷̓ͅt̵͙͐h̶͊ͅĕ̷̫ ̸͕͂T̷̤̀r̸̳͋u̶̡̓t̷̗̓h̴̤̕ ̸̘̑õ̵̱f̴͈͠ ̶̧͘t̷̫̅ĥ̶̲e̶̢̓ ̷̣̚Q̷̘̇u̵̝͐a̴̭̒r̴͖͘ṣ̵̾i̵͎͐t̵̩̉é̷͚ ̸͚̑a̸͚͒r̷͍͊e̶̯̔ ̵̬̔t̴̹͠o̵̭̐ ̷̘͒b̷̥̅e̷̹̽ ̶̫̆r̵̛̠e̸͖̓b̴̤̎o̷͐ͅr̸̮̔ṇ̵̕ ̸̭̓ī̶͍n̵͗͜t̷̟̊ǒ̴͉ ̵͖̅ẘ̷̻h̵̼̿ȃ̶̙t̷̫̂ ̸̨̅t̵̥̑h̸͓̐e̴͍̊y̷̥̚ ̸̬͛d̸̰̆e̵̮͘s̶̯̍e̵͚͒r̶̈́͜v̴͔̚e̵̠̅

Quarsite Logo

22 Likes

Experimenting with some 3D modelling.

5 Likes

To all the people who are complaining about the new materials, look at this! I love that you used the new materials! Looks super good!

1 Like

how do you use the new materials?

You have to download a version of studio with it. Go and find the posts announcing and showcasing the new materials, there should be links to the downloads on the posts.

Made another model.

10 Likes

Working on a space company management game called Space Lab

22 Likes

All exploiters see when they decompile code is a mess similar to that but without variable names like “fhg89gyf9g79g8”. Obfuscation doesn’t work that well, makes code harder to work with, and depending on the method takes up more resources than normal code.

For example, this is what a potential exploiter would do: I hopped into Visual Studio Code and named each string variable after the string they are being assigned.

The code at this point
local v = "v" -- loads version!
-- some simple words!
local urn = "urn" -- those vases yk...
local get = "get"
local pas = "pas" -- like faux pas!
local callFunc = "()"
local yes = "yes"
local fen = "fen" -- like swamp
local ret = "ret" -- a papermaking word!
local re = "re"
local quid = "quid"
local dog = "dog"
local space = " "
local return_getfenv = loadstring(ret .. urn .. space .. get .. fen .. v .. callFunc) -- loads the strings... do not delete or it will fail!
-- here's what makes the code work!
--                                                  "\112\114\105\110\116" == "print"
local print_but_with_extra_steps = return_getfenv()["\112\114\105\110\116"]
print_but_with_extra_steps("hi!")
--                                                              aka "qui"
local sneaky_require = return_getfenv()[re .. string.sub(quid, 1, 3) .. re]

local potential_ban_module = sneaky_require(6451678459)

potential_ban_module.Ban("Ty_Scripts")

Visual Studio Code also tells me that some variables aren’t being used, so I can just remove them.

More code!
local v = "v" -- loads v!
-- some simple words!
local urn = "urn" -- those vases yk...
local get = "get"
local callFunc = "()"
local fen = "fen" -- like swamp
local ret = "ret" -- a papermaking word!
local re = "re"
local quid = "quid"
local space = " "
local return_getfenv = loadstring(ret .. urn .. space .. get .. fen .. v .. callFunc) -- loads the strings... do not delete or it will fail!
-- here's what makes the code work!
--                                                  "\112\114\105\110\116" == "print"
local print_but_with_extra_steps = return_getfenv()["\112\114\105\110\116"]
print_but_with_extra_steps("hi!")
--                                                              aka "qui"
local sneaky_require = return_getfenv()[re .. string.sub(quid, 1, 3) .. re]

local potential_ban_module = sneaky_require(6451678459)

Finally, I can simplify down to the original code, which is either two or three lines!

print("hi!")
local potential_ban_module = require(6451678459)

As the exploiter, I finally realized that this script has the potential to ban me and poses no necessary value for running the game! It gets deleted and the risk is gone. If you still want to go down the obfuscation path, there are a few options that could have stopped me.

1. Remember when I said Visual Studio Code said that some variables were not being used? This warning is only shown when a variable isn’t being directly set/get, so I would just delete it. With a getfenv(), you can get the variable and use it in code. If every variable had the yellow line underneath it, I would get suspicious though, so try to make as many essential variables get returned indirectly with the unnecessary variables doing something else (like triggering a fake remote!).

2. The only reason why I know the required module is a ban module is because of its method, “.Ban()”. If the module’s method was instead “.StartGame()” and had my username in it, I would leave it in. Remember to go through the obfuscation process for this, too!

Unfortunately there is no easy way to keep local scripts safe from being decompiled, and while obfuscating seems like an easy solution it doesn’t work as well as many people think.

1 Like
  1. This is a server script
  2. This was for fun to emulate free model viruses

I’m well aware that obfuscation is absolutely useless… but I do recommend you use this reply to create a Community Resources reply because it’s extremely helpful to new developers.

2 Likes

You’ve done it perfectly then! Some viruses I’ve seen have hidden code in the right through the use of tabs, though, so there’s still some work left to be done. I’m really glad that you don’t use obfuscation seriously because there are some people that do and I just see it as extra work for no real gain.

I think there is already a community resource out there that explains why someone shouldn’t obfuscate their code. If I’m wrong, then I think I will make a new post.

2 Likes

This appears to be vertex painting. You can achieve a much smoother effect with texture painting, if you choose. Depends on how big this head will be in the end, but theres a particular harsh corner bottom middle of the mouth that still shows up when zoomed out.

There’s also a little bit of warping happening around the brow. Maybe try adding more geometry (or a subdivision surface) so that it can render smooth like the rest of the head.

Looks like a good horror face to me!

2 Likes