What are you working on currently? (2022)

Working really hard on a 2D game engine for ROBLOX :cold_face: :+1:
It’s going pretty well I think, getting really close to publish 1.0.0-alpha.

Only thing is keeping me back is documenting everything and adding couple of features. (not fun)

Source code available on GitHub as well as a Test Place!

EDIT:

• Fixed the debug.profileend() warning
  • Added ability to run TestEZ .spec files :+1:
12 Likes

Tower Heros: Engineer tower concept

15 Likes

I made my very own diffing algorithm :partying_face:, it isn’t based on any other diffing algorithm. It finds the similarity metric between two strings.

Released it here: StringDiff - String Similarity Metric Diffing Algorithm - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox

A lot of primitive chat bots use this, so you can for example have a table of questions with answers and when someone types a sentence it’ll find the most similar sentence in a lookup table and print out the answer.

(These pictures are from an earlier version that I made but you get the point)

4 Likes

It looks like a screenshot from gta 5. What rain script is that? Also how did you make your roads they look amazing.

2 Likes

First Post of the Year!:partying_face: Still no 2023 topic

I’ve been working on a game called Sketch. It’s based on the mobile game Smashy Road. In the game you one player will be chosen at random to be the gangster. All other players will be police, the gangster must run from the police. You can damage the gangsters car by crashing into it. The game is still in Beta as I haven’t been able to fully bug test it yet. Especially the DataStores :sleepy:. I’m happy with my progress so far.

8 Likes

Rain System with Baked Collisions

I made a rain system with baked collisions, allowing large amounts of rain without much performance loss.

Main post is here which also includes some further info:

(I didn’t mean to respond to someone oops)

10 Likes

I was bored so I made a combination of among us and spongebob sort of

3 Likes

powers :flushed:
join group for updates!!!

11 Likes

oi that looks really like from forza. Briliant work!

I love your UI’s style, it fits your game so well! Games that have a retro stud theme often struggle to get good looking UI that’s consistent with their game’s theme, but your UI both looks amazing and fits your game super well!

2 Likes

On a more serious note, since my last post, I made a simple bridge that connects two islands

6 Likes

Okay, now I’m genuinely convinced that the WAYWOC either got delayed or cancelled. :skull:

10 Likes

Same. It’s already January 9th and we still don’t have the new thread…

3 Likes

You dropped it perfectly vertical Morty!

3 Likes

I actually flagged this topic and asked them to create a new one, and they replied saying, “Thanks for letting us know. We’re looking into it.”

I was considering creating the new topic myself, but then saw that someone else had tried to do that already, and it got closed and unlisted. I wonder why they’re taking so long this year.

Created my very first gun system

7 Likes

They seem to do this every year. Last year it took them about two weeks if I recall correctly.

I did this same thing my first time doing reflections! Here is the correct formula if your interested:

r = d - 2 * (d:Dot(n)) * n

Where d is the direction, n is the surface normal, and r is the reflection direction.
(source)

1 Like

Colorado State Highway 145 Inspired Build

This build is loosely based off of Colorado State Highway 145, with some added personal effects and details.

1A: Initial Rough Draft - From Reference shown in 1B.

1B: Reference for above showcase; Colorado State Highway 145.

2A: More Progress on scenery, added grass and other foliage on roadside for details.

3A: Taken on the opposite side of the highway from 2A; Added a little cottage and some corn crops, as well as a big tree.

4A: Added a new 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe; some more trees to fill in empty space.

5A: Both vehicles in the same shot.

6A: More foliage and showcase of Ram truck.

7A: Top-down view of the scene

*All Credits go solely to MassiveEdu

Thanks for reading! If you liked what you saw, feel free to drop a :heart: on the post!

Full Quality Images/Bundle: WAYWOC 2022: Fall/Country Inspired Build - Album on Imgur

Headers and Dividers Used: Highway 145: Headers/Dividers - Album on Imgur

Until next time, Toodaloo

29 Likes

Bro, that’s not Roblox anymore, it’s like you took it there in real life! Nice job dude!

4 Likes

The main problem for me, that I just forgot to fix, is that it reflects more than once. But wrong reflection was also an issue, the formula of which I didn’t have. Thanks!

Edit:
Just implemented the formula.

4 Likes