What are you working on currently? (2022)

Nice tree, I like the simple design and color scheme.

1 Like

much appreciated! I’m glad you like seeing them

1 Like

Axe.Just an Axe

16 Likes

SUMMER UPDATE :sun_with_face:

16 Likes

Almost there…

4 Likes

An upcoming survival game, solo-dev.
Prehistoric based

23 Likes

I have already started the polishing phase in Train Wars!

I changed the avatar style from R15 to R6, I think it fits better the game!

I’ve also added a small welcome screen with a short explanation of the game. It’s basic as it can be, but I remember that players in the original version would get confused about capturing :sweat_smile:.

Also, the capture system finally does something: you have to capture the enemy base 7 times to win! It may seem like a lot, but its easy to sneak into the enemy base!

The next thing I’ll be implementing are Badges! I’ve never done it before, but it looks easy to do :face_with_monocle:

12 Likes

Looks amazing! Great job! Maybe add a lobby instead of it just being one map, and maybe add different trains with different strengths and same thing for the bombs/rocket launchers, that way you can play off of skill and level! Also maybe add some minigames aswell, I could give you some suggestions if you’d like!

Can’t wait to play this game!

4 Likes

just made a new small island build for a client.

15 Likes

Staff Challenger :slight_smile:

Low BPM Siren Tool Project

11 Likes

Game Progress:

17 Likes

My game has had a custom inventory bar for weeks now, but today (well, now ~2 days ago), I thought about how awkward it would be to use this bar on touch devices; With nine tools allowed max, the boxes would cut into the bottom corners where the touch controls are located, so I came up with a new UI specifically to fix this.

It only uses one frame, no matter how many tools the player has, and gestures are used to do everything:

• Tap: Equip/unequip the current tool.
  • Swipe left/right: Switch tools. This can be done even if no tool’s equipped!
  • Swipe up: Toss the current tool, if allowed (which it is for most “items” in my game).

To support all input methods, both of the inventory interfaces are used, the game switching between them automatically if touch input is detected. This video shows both, but since my phone didn’t capture my touches, it doesn’t really give a good idea of how responsive the touch UI is.

I’m proud of this new addition; I just haven’t seen another game do this!

EDIT: I’ve returned to this post to see that the video is now missing? Is there an expiration date for videos uploaded to the DevForums or something? If so, I need to stop uploading them here directly so people years from now could see my work.

10 Likes

Making the item equipping using offsets rather than accessories & tools, very simple but it’s cool imo

(code for anyone who wants to do something similar)

local attachModel = workspace.leftarmoffest
local attach = attachModel.RightHand
local thing = attachModel.manifest

print(attach.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(thing.CFrame))

then I just throw the outputted offset into the item data module.

11 Likes

Are you able to @ me when this game comes out! This looks amazing and I’d love to play it! Thank you

3 Likes

lowpoly FN SCAR H
6.8k triangles, little bit more than i usually aim for

13 Likes

Cafe

6 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions, really!

I won’t be adding much more to the final version besides bug fixes and balance, but I’m taking notes for a possible sequel in the future :eyes:

1 Like

I maek a car

16 Likes

Small sneakpeak of the progress on my TikTok Game in Roblox (Orchid)

Here’s a small update
Let me know if there’s anything I should change with the UI!

Profiles:

Home:

Auto scaling for device size:

Working on the recording studio:

10 Likes

sure, it is a bit over a week away from release