What are you working on currently? (2022)

31 Likes

It should consume LESS resources. This is just water with the Normals deleted so your computer no longer has to process the animated PBR water textures.

4 Likes

First test animation. Stars and sound have been added for ambiance. Something to note is that for the stars and the planet I used images to help reduce the lag and render time, I’m sure I’m not the only one to use this but it’s still very useful. It will be interesting how it looks once I implement this into Roblox for a Sci-fi game in the future.
(Also, yes I know the sound is quiet)

I was too lazy to make my own sound effect (I will eventually) so I had to get a free one -_- Credit: Zapsplat

19 Likes

Sounds like simililar audio we use in our experience. Love it!

1 Like

Modeled and textured a katana : )

21 Likes

Been in a total block from creating anything recently due to some personal loss.
Anyway, finally back on my flow and creating more garbage.

13 Likes

which texture transparency did u changed in pbr

Euphoria ragdoll but scuffed lol

6 Likes

Procedural island generation

And ridged noise
ridged
+Visualization
yeet

24 Likes

6 Likes

They were all custom PBR textures I used so I just lowered the transparency on parts that were more reflective than others.

Looks really good, though it does seem a bit too “hill-y” and the noise seems to be causing the sand ripple effect on the grass which looks odd and would better suit… well, sand.

1 Like

Spent a couple of days making this view!

35 Likes

I think it’s such a great game concept! To make the Ice cavern look like ice crystals you could make it a lighter color like a almost white blue.

The lava is super great, If you want to get curved lava rivers you can use a mesh in blender

also to get rid of the light coming through (and to save on too many shadows):

HELP

press ctrl A then in the properties manager disable cast shadow

then place a large part over the build that’s pretty thick and let it cast a shadow on the build. (This is great to have “indoor” and outdoor environments without changing the time of day by script)

I cant wait to see this released!

Visibly Cowboys

I might upload a video later on some gameplay on this game. (It was originally a driving game, but now it’s a RedDead 2 clone, except we care about the game.)

10 Likes

A donut tutorial on Blender.

Blender is complicated.

1 Like

I can agree with you on that! Although I just watched a tutorial from RoBuilder and memorized the hot keys he was saying while was making a cool model. Within a week I’m now very familiar with blender!

I’ve never made a donut so it might be harder :man_shrugging: Good luck anyway!

Hello, are the enemies in the Robloxian People’s Army based off of North Korean soldiers in the North Korean People’s Army? I am asking because the stance looks similar to some North Korean propaganda videos where they were marching in that stance, saluting the supreme leader.

1 Like

Thank you so much for those tips! :smiley: And I’m glad you liked it!

2 Likes

Absolutely, the name and goose step was directly inspired, and I took the colours of their military uniform.

In fact, I’m taking inspiration from a lot of autocratic Asian countries and even their history as well for design, backstory and plot, such as martial law Taiwan, Imperial Japan, Maoist China, Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, Kampuchea, Saudi, Turkmenistan, and others. They’re surprisingly interesting to take inspiration off.

4 Likes