What are you working on currently? (2022)

The game is called CybeRise. We will be doing an open Alpha testing of the game very soon.

Like this post if you want to be notified about the test.

8 Likes

I put on my custom VHS effect and also re-colored him and i think he looks so much better than before!

3 Likes

so uh, is there gonna be a 2023 thread or…???

1 Like

Updates to my Baked Rain System

• Added “Rebake Areas”
What this feature does

When the rebake area is triggered (like a destructable house detects it was exploded), it will add the area to a queue and when you next go near it, it will rebake the collisions of that area. This does come at a slight performance cost but only if you’re rebaking areas often (which for the game I’m making this for wont be), otherwise performance is the same.

• Added Procedural Rain Sounds
What this feature does

This means it uses the environment in realtime to decide how covered you are, and mixes between an inside/outside rain sound. I think sound design is a critical part of making a game feel finished so I wanted to do something special for this. This is slightly buggy as of now (kind of shows in the video below) because my script is more of a rough draft and still need to add filtering for certain things.

I showcase both of these in the video below, notice how the rain sound changes based on how covered I am or how close I am to an open window. When I shoot the house with a rocket launcher, it queues the area and rebakes the collisions and rain comes through the open roof.

(Had to compress video so unfortuntely the rain doesn’t look as good and sound is a little off)

Thanks! I added sound like you suggested, but probably wont add lightning until I finish the rain part of the system

8 Likes

We are now back to working on the game!

In the last 2 days, we have added:

ZOMBIES

The AI have line of sight and hearing, and are still a WIP, yet work pretty well

RV

The first vehicle with an interior, the RV is a large and tanky but slow vehicle which has a top speed of 100.

CURVED WORLD GENERATION

Instead of a straight line, the road now generates with small curves left, right, up, and down.

HELICOPTER EVENT

The helicopter event takes inspiration from the game Project Zomboid, in where randomly a helicopter will fly to to the player, attracting zombies and giving ingame lore.

12 Likes

tad bit late innit? lil map my homie and I been working on…

12 Likes

First practice build of 2023, rusted.

21 Likes

Looks very neat. How did you get the fog? I’m assuming it’s not using atmosphere, is it?

Bruh, I tried it too and it also got unlisted. I asked them why and they never responded. It’s already halfway thru january…

Roblox really be going corporate huh.

1 Like

Thank you! I just used ROBLOX’s atmosphere and did some tweaking to get the results I wanted.

2 Likes

Been working on this store recently, finally starting to come together.
Any feedback is appreciated

14 Likes

When you built the roads, did you use decals for the yellow and white lines?

1 Like

After recalling someone on this forum talking about how they welded a sphere to their character to give them a rolling ability, I decided I’d try to add that to Project Magical Mary! Now players will be able to roll down slopes at potentially high speeds, as shown in this video (which shows PC then mobile).

Also, here’s a screenshot of it, with an added trail to indicate motion:

This works just like you’d probably expect. When any player’s character is generated, a sphere is welded to their HumanoidRootPart, which is marked as “massless” and doesn’t have collision. When the player holds the roll button (Q/L1), those two change, and the player’s Humanoid is put in the “physics” state, letting the ball take over and do its thing until they release it, undoing the changes.

Searching the forums, I’m assuming this is probably nothing special (and I apologize to whoever I ripped off) but I think it’s a fun addition to my experience. :happy3:

2 Likes

clown

5 Likes

looks very spooky. would reccomend

1 Like

Yeah so true, year by year the waywocs were getting posted later and later. Im pretty sure for the 2016 or 2017, it was posted before Christmas on the 16th. Now, its literally the 16th yet they still haven’t posted it

1 Like

I finished finalizing the UI for my plugin and implementing the math module mentioned in a previous post into it.

MathEngine Demo

Dark

How Appealing Are These GUIs?

0 voters

11 Likes

I’m working on my new horror game called “Whisper”, here’s a sneak peek at the prison that most of the game will take place in:

6 Likes

the whole road including the white and yellow lines is a texture/decal

24 Likes