What are you working on currently? (2022)

Finished the Roblox Developer Dream Jam with my team yesterday, thought I’d share some cool things from our creation!

Here’s the game if you want to play it before getting the concept spoiled. You have been warned!
https://www.roblox.com/games/9020628985/Just-a-Dream

Show cool things (Spoilers)

Easily one of the coolest things about our game is the iteration feature. Every 20 seconds, you spawn into a new “iteration” and your past ones can assist you throughout your journey.

Another cool thing is our interactive buttons using custom sensors. These were complicated to get working, but turned out really well:

7 Likes

Modeled this in prisma 3d in phone.

8 Likes

I’m currently learning “Blender” more i looked up a tutorial i did note a few hotkeys down to improve my workflow and i planed to buy “Substance Painter” this week since i saw this tutorial. :yarn:

1 Like

How do you manage to model that on a phone? :moyai:

3 Likes

He actually made it on phone; it’s an Android app called Prisma3d

1 Like

Goodbye :frowning:

5 Likes

Before

After

Same mesh in both pictures, only the vending machine in the second picture has 10 SurfaceLights.

Note: The mesh was not created by me.

24 Likes

18 Likes

I don’t need to explain

8 Likes

It’s actually quite simple but quite annoying process tbh.
I’ll just put it here on how I even model on prisma 3d.

small tutorial by an idiot on how he uses this annoying software on phones since there's no good tutorials on yt on it(actually)

open prisma 3d
wait
Once everything is loaded, press new

something like this should appear
there’s a few buttons as you can see and I’ll state what some of them do

the red one is insert tool which allows you to insert stuff such as objects which you can model with, and camera and lights(for gfx stuff ig)

the green ones are similar to the Lua daggers we have in studio, the move tool identifiable by the arrows symbol, the rotate tool by the rotational circle(im bad in explaining), and the area expansion symbol denotes the size tool

the blue ones are pretty self-explanatory, undo and redo buttons

Now click the insert button
Screenshot_20220317-075823_Prisma3D
as you can see it has 5 different types of shapes and figures you can pick, and text as well, and then you can have a good lighting and camera as well
for now just pick cube since that’s what I actually used to make the moyai, and nothing else as an object

Once that’s done a cube should appear

Now have a look at these buttons at the bottom left corner
As you might notice, a highlighted button is having a symbol of only a cube, is shown by default
Screenshot_20220317-075901_Prisma3D
While having this enabled, you can select any object and either, can change its position and orientation and size, or it’s properties such as color and texture(you can also change position, size and orientation properties here as well, kinda like in roblox studio)

now press the second button from the left which allows you to well, select vertices

some dots should appear at the cube, like this, these are the vertices

Now you can tap any one vertex and change its position, like for example
Screenshot_20220317-075948_Prisma3D

Now if you select the third button from left at the bottom left corner, you enable the “Edge edit mode”(quite edgy lol)
you can use it to move, rotate and resize the edges
like this

There’s also a few more buttons which come up when you enable the vertex, the edge, and the face mode, out of which only some I used, I’ll discuss it in a while

select the fourth button from the left now, which you probably might have guessed, it’s the face mode
you can use it to well change the position, size and orientation of any face

Now if you might have noticed, there now a few buttons which pop up when you enable face mode
Screenshot_20220317-080159_Prisma3D
For the moyai I used the third button which I assume what they called in blender “a loop cut”
tap that
and press and hold over a face until you see a white line which can be moved as long as your are holding
if you leave the finger, you have successfully created a loop cut.

Now if you might have noticed, for every type of “edit mode”, there’s this one button which pops up
Screenshot_20220317-080311_Prisma3D
This is the delete button, you can use it to delete any undesirable vertex, edge or face
for example
I was on vertex mode and I decided to delete one vertex I created from loop cut since I though it looked odd
So deleted it and

It deleted a few faces
to to fix this, we have to create new faces
so for that, first go to the edge edit mode, and then you have to select two edges(to select multiple stuff you need to select one thing and then the for next time you select and then hold for a second and then leave to allow the software to select multiple stuff you tap at everytime)
For example,

Now you just need to tap at the button I have marked(with red)

Hence it generates a new face

That’s it, I used all the stuff I mentioned here to make the moyai
in 3 painful hours, with the disturbance of my dad to study TwT

More stuff

10 Likes

I have been working on CSG vehicles for Roblox, this is one of my recent projects, a Spartan Pumper based on the Toronto Fire Services. I have took advantage of the smoothing angle feature and also CSG beta to produce this.

I also have leaked my dodge charger, made fully from csg parts below!

14 Likes

I made from color gui to frames and texts. Theme is capable default, light and dark.

robloxapp-20220317-1304520.wmv

1 Like

I updated my old terrain generator from 2021

You can also customize it (check out the demo here)

31 Likes

Are you gonna be able to opensource this as a uncopylocked game or a free model? I’d love to use this in my game, otherwise all that, this looks really good!

2 Likes

29 Likes

Like i already said i currently learn “Blender” more so… here is an Update for you!

This is my Donut as you can see i’m not finished yet Note: i currently try to learn the hotkeys of blender to make my workflow faster & better i watched this tutorial today so… Yeah this is what i’m learning. :pushpin:

12 Likes

I’m creating a Rec Room type of game with a friend of mine. I’m hoping for VR support to be added in the future!

3 Likes

Overlay for creations

Raw:
Example:

9 Likes

Donut Update! Today i added the icing to my Donut so… here is a Screenshot for you

if you want to know wich tutorial i followed today then Click here that was all what i have to say today but… i would Love to hear wich icing it should be so tell me right here in this poll

Which icing should the Donut have? :doughnut:
  • Dark Chocolate
  • White Chocolate
  • Other…

0 voters

if it should have a complete other icing then please tell me!

8 Likes

We’ve recently updated our 3D clothes for Attack on Titan: Retake

12 Likes