What are you working on currently? (2023)

Cave Story clone made using my own 2D game engine. This demo won’t be public obviously but it was super easy to make since the engine handles a lot of the background work. Over 1k+ collision objects on some maps with no major performance issues. Slope hitboxes are disabled in the video since they’re a bit janky at the moment.

30 Likes

Toji’s dagger from Jujutsu Kaisen.
Apparently called “Inverted Spear of Heaven”

2 Likes

I assume this is your own airline? Very nice.

2 Likes

watch out big games might try to take you down for those pets

1 Like

I’m designing the interior of a gym

17 Likes

Figured out the basics of Blender. Made a Rock and imported it into Roblox Studio.

Rock

7 Likes

5 Likes

Propaganda on the streets

2 Likes

My newest attempt at UI design (windows) seems to be pretty good, but Roblox’s rather plain UI instances for text won’t look as good as that title bar and buttons…

Today, I “implemented” my first UI element class, TextShadeFX. It’s not much of an OOP class, but when it’s given a reference to a TextLabel, it adds a basic (but decent-looking) shadow under the text (top-left corner text in the screenshot below). If it’s given dictionary entries with specific keys in them, not only can the shadow be customized, but it basically “unlocks” its other features.

This screenshot demonstrates what it can make:

It’s pretty neat, isn’t it?

Since it’s an OOP class, it can execute code on events. To be specific, it uses the TextLabel’s Changed and Destroyed events to update the highlight and all of the shadows to match the TextLabel. This applies to any property that isn’t read-only, including color and transparency (and eventually positioning), too! I would mention why it uses the latter event, but it’s self-explanatory, just for cleaning up.

Oh yeah, and before I finish the 1,800th (I thought it was going to be the two-thousandth) post in this topic, here’s what Explorer looks like after it creates all of the extra instances used to “enhance” the text. I don’t know if it would affect performance on weaker devices, but the 3D text effect creates a lot of extra instances!

5 Likes

I made some clothes a while back, Only 1 shirt is getting me some Robux though lol

1 Like

Dummies vs Noobs copy

1 Like

Potential logo for this new project, might be working on a map for a hangout similar to On Tap but with an underworld/Halloween twist.

4 Likes

Working on an obby/story game but I suck at scripting sooooo

2 Likes

Working on a hang-out game, trying to bring a nostalgic vibe to the game and I think I did well.

3 Likes

unfinished megatall skyscraper concept for my fictional world-building project, took me HOURS to design a blueprint and recreate it accurately in Roblox Studio

if you look closer at it, you’ll understand how unfinished it is, lol. bonus picture for size comparison

12 Likes

Basement Interior

34 Likes

Recently finished working on the title screen and main menu for my voxel building game! More updates in the Discord server for the game!

16 Likes

Well, I may have moved on to improving Project Magical Mary’s UI style, but I couldn’t rush ahead, leaving those fries unfinished; Today, I started making the texture (technically a PBR SurfaceAppearance), so the fries should resemble their real McDonald’s version.

There are three different appearances that a fry can have (though it’s all preset since they’re all a part of a single mesh, not procedurally generated): standard light yellow, a darker brownish color, and yellow with burned-looking brown ends. For the latter two, there are exactly three of each, with the rest of the 3D fries appearing plain (but almost edible).

Also, I’ve started to use Mary’s branding for their container, with the usual light pink coloring. I didn’t notice this before because I didn’t have a texture made for it then, but the smaller sizes have a squished Mary’s logo on them.

Also, I really should’ve made the mesh use unique inside and outside polygons instead of heavily depending on the “DoubleSided” flag; Due to this, I couldn’t give the inside of the container that lighter stripe pattern that a certain fast food restaurant uses. Also, some of the fries have incorrect textures farther down, which I don’t have an explanation for.

Want to see how the fries look now? Here you go!

Fries_FakeBevel.jpeg
(Look at the tip of the fry facing towards the screen; Fries use a normal map to give the illusion of beveled edges.)

Do you think these fries look good with these textures?
  • Yes, it looks good even with the errors you noticed.
  • Yes, but you may want to fix the errors mentioned.
  • No.

0 voters

1 Like

those are the longest fries i have ever seen

2 Likes