What are you working on currently? (2024)

It’s fine bro, everyone starts somewhere.
You should’ve seen my first games they were GARBAGE compared to what I’m doing now.

This gravity simulator (2 planets colliding)

7 Likes

half walls and doors complete

rlly making progress

4 Likes

update: abandoned for a decent cause

2 Likes

Working on a modern “BeachHouse” map for a game im working on.
(forgot to turn off view selector before taking pics : P.

2 Likes

Another map.

2 Likes

I abandoned my co-op extraction shooter game (like Killing Floor 2 and Contact A-888) that I had worked for over a year on after a pretty nasty downturn in my personal life, but I eventually moved on and started working on a melee-slasher project about a month ago; been going pretty good.

Almost exclusively inspired by melee games that came before, i.e. Mordhau, Chivalry, and also some roblox games too such as Bulwark and UMG.

It’s meant to be a difficult to master type of game, leaning towards favoring a competitive player-base.
I made a basic combat overview for it:

2 Likes

Actually, I’m actually working on a GIF decoder at the moment. It’s still in the works and I still run into a couple of issues with the decoder itself but it works for some of the GIFs I tested.

4 Likes

I’m currently working on a roblox game called Raise a bird

A voxel project. Was able to implement greedy meshing and occlusion culling for hidden parts. Terrain gen also utilise 3D noise, although I plan to tone it down. Still trying to squeeze as much performance as possible from the engine (especially world gen and chunk loading) so that the game’s run smoothly before I add more complex features like biomes, caves, structures, mobs, etc.

overworld1

(ignore the missing block below the tree, this screenshot was taken on an older version)

Here’s what my terrain gen looked like when I was trying out 3D noise:

#voxel

8 Likes

I worked on this last year, but i never finished it, until now. Construction Site Showcase. It was supposed to be an FPS based map inspired by Escape From Tarkov and some others. Feel free to check it out here, the final product. :smile:

4 Likes

Here’s the first-ever look at what I’ve been working on. There’s still a lot to do, but I’ve made some great progress so far:

• Custom Leaderstats: Handcrafted and completely custom-made for a unique experience.
  • Module Setup: Designed for future ease of access, which will make updates faster to push out—benefiting both me and you!
  • First Map Beginnings: We’re in the early stages of developing our very first map. This part will take some time, but it’s coming along!
  • Early UI Stages: We’ve got some UI templates in place. It’s still early, but it’s a start.

It has been requested by quite a few that I remake the famous game “Giant Simulator”, but with more purpose other than just swinging a sword and leveling up. So with that, I present [version 1.0.3-pre], I am working with a dream to provide the community with a well updated game that won’t just be sold off and forgotten about. I hope to see anyone who sees this stick around, and if you want to send me a message or view my work, my socials will be linked!

Thank you all so much for being here and supporting the project. Cheers!
—bob

Socials:
epik youtube
The Official Discord Server

1 Like

The use of atmosphere and sunlight is actually pretty amazing! What kind of game is it?

simulator, but not just the same reused click over and over again its gonna have some meat on its bones

HUGE UPDATE TO THE MAP
Took roughly 6 hours to map, and create the product shown for my game!

5 Likes

This looks amazing! From the lighting, to the buildings. It’s a really good map!

Thank you! I am a solo developer so it takes a while!

Woah !! That looks incredible :slight_smile:

Been working on my first ever module that is planned to be public in the future.
I call it DialogService, and I want it to be the ZonePlus of dialog.
Here’s an in development demo:

1 Like

How did you do this???