What blender version to use?

Hi, I’m eager to learn blender however I find there aren’t many tutorials on the latest version which is Blender 2.9.

Is it recommended I use 2.8 or 2.79 as I’m struggling to find ROBLOX GFX tutorials that cater to my version since the vast majority are from the previous versions.

I have tried to use my initiative to see if it has been moved into a different area however I have yet to find that.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

All the tools in Blender 2.8/2.79 are also and always will be in 2.91/2.9, they are just in different places and rearranged. If you’re learning. 2.8 and 2.79 would be good to use, but you should definitely switch to the latest version once you’ve got it done.

yes use 2.8 and update to 2.9 when people start making more tutorials on it, but keep in mind that you’ll have to relearn where some things are in 2.9

Just to note: the latest version Blender 2.9 and Blender 2.8 are similar the tutorials you find that are using the 2.8 version can be done with the newest option all they did was add a handful of features to the latest version. Since your completely new to this software; you can start with any version.

I’ve started with the older version; Blender 2.79 to get comfortable with the tools and curve and then moved to the latest version 2.8. All Blender has done with 2.8/2.9 was change the interface and tools and added a few features it’s nothing different from the both version.

Please consider using the search function since threads like this have been talked about refer: