What can I add to this lobby?

Hey developers!

I built the basic structure to this lobby [shown below] and I don’t know how to improve it or what to add to it.

What I do know is that on one end, there will be a voting area, and on one, there will be global leaderboard. Apart from that, how can i improve this lobby?

Any feedback or suggestions would be most appreciated!

Lobby

RobloxScreenShot20230225_182808481

6 Likes

I first have on e question;
What is your Game about? If we don’t know this how do we know what’s to tell you? Try doing sormhtign in the style of your Game

3 Likes

Definitely add some low poly builds, such as crates, paintings, furniture etc. Just add props to make it look more filled up.

2 Likes

Oh, brilliant idea! Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

In my lobby build, I have a place where there is a proximity prompt and if you click it, you can invite your friends to play with you. (You can easily set up something like this with SocialService.)

1 Like

Of course, glad I could help! :smile:

1 Like

some doors?
and windows
purchase stands? (for dev products)
toilets?
light models?

1 Like

What is the game about? Try to add things with the same theme as your game.

Also, how long will players stay in the lobby? If it’s for a short time, you might not need too many objects in the lobby, and vice versa.

However, here are some ideas that you might use:
Leaderboards, obbies, shops, spleef, plants, furniture, secrets throughout the lobby, pictures on walls, and maybe some sort of voting system for maps if necessary.

Hope this helps! :grinning:

2 Likes

The game is a round based game, a player is chosen as the kill the rest have to survive yadayadayada.

Cliché I know, but this game is for my development.

The players will be in the lobby for at least 20 seconds, that being the intermission and map voting. Once they die in the game, they will get sent back to the lobby, where they will stay until the round ends.

Also, I appreciate your suggestions! Thanks!

1 Like

Tehn what I would do si to add something like a lair of where the killer goes or something lid taht, maybe some weapons and a body? Not sure if thsi is against the ToS

• Add a portal to go to other areas…

• Add plants and other stuff…

• Add different types of meshes, so that the ground isn’t completly flat…

• Add pipes…

• Add animated NPCs…

• Maybe change the lighting…

• Change the layout of the area…

• Maybe have the area above the playing area and have the floor transparent…

You might wanna add some decor like plants, trees, water fountains etc.

Props!

Lights
Plants
Pillars
Boxes(?)

Fill it up

Also shift the walls in and out and around for depth.

1 Like