What can I do to increase my player count?

Hey there! So my game is on the RTHRO sort and I am wondering what I can do to increase the player count on the game!

Game here: Blox Royale - Roblox

Any feedback or suggestions are appricated!

3 Likes

You can do these bullets to increase player count:

• Advertise/Sponsor your game
  • Spread the word to anyone who has roblox (You could either text them or meet them in person but of course we have this pandemic (SOCIAL DISTANCING!) going around.)

Basically all you have to do is advertise, and sponsor. Make 2 or 4 or even 100! They could have a theme, like:

• Funny
  • Cartoony
  • and many more themes to choose from
2 Likes

Using ads never seems to work for me, spending 50K on ads and sponsers (combined) only got me around 150 players concurrent throughout the day and then dropped off from there.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t know what else to think of. Advertising was all I could think of (and spreading the word!)

2 Likes

Most games need to capitalize on natural growth revolving around appealing to the desire of inviting other friends to the game to enjoy it more.

In terms of advertisements, you may be seeing very low concurrent player counts due to lack of player retention. If your CPRs are good, then it’s time to take a look at your initial gameplay.

For me, I found the tutorial very long-winded and tedious, as well as a little unappealing in its functionality. This is solely my singular opinion but it’s worth considering how you plan on “hooking” new players into your game, I.e make them interested in continued play within the first 30 seconds of them joining the game.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll shorten down the tutorial a bit.

1 Like

This is a stretch but maybe put the video first as it’s more eye catching than the thumbnail you have.

Also I noticed the video is called “Blox Royale Simulator”, you might want to change that if your game is called Loop Placing Simulator.

Also you could change your description. A new player doesn’t really care about the newest update. They’re a new player and they want to know how to play/what this game is all about.

Putting “Welcome to Troop Placing Simulator, a game where you clash against other real players or even AI to obtain rare cards!” would be more efficient than “New lobby, polishing and more!”

These are just minor ways you can increase player count, the obvious way is spreading the word like what @IAmPinleon said.

3 Likes

Dont use ads, i never had luck with them. And if you sponsor i go for computer first. If your budget is 50k put it all on sponsors. Since everyone is stuck at home, do a week of comparing price to views before you spend the 50k, find out which day will bring you the most impressions.

ADDED INFORMATION: Put all 50k into ONE sponsorship, but first make sure you have monetized your game for best returns

2 Likes

How much should I spend for the “testing” phase and for the 50K final sponsor should I just do it for PC?

1 Like

For “testing” all im talking about is putting the 50k amount into the sponsor, it will tell you how many impressions you will have. Try to find the best day with brings you the most impressions. Dont actually run the sponsor, you dont have to spend anything to test and see what day will be best. You just need to wait a week.

2 Likes

I suggest updating the game frequently with a good idea, that hasn’t been done before and its a game that isn’t really ‘completable’ where you can keep on playing and keep on having fun. Good luck with the development.

2 Likes

Im still looking for feedback and ways to increase the player count. Is it my thumbnail or my icon or what?

1 Like

Well, you have received good feedback so far so It’s hard to add on to this topic. However, you can improve your thumbnail even further as well as your icon. Even add badges, alot of the top page games have badges players can earn.

2 Likes

I’ve applied most of the ideas above (besides the ads which I am waiting for), how can my thumbnail and icon be improved and badges are coming soon as well.

1 Like

Best chances are you could hire a good GFX artist to make the thumbnails more appealing, perhaps by showing epic fighting scenes or that for your logo aswell. Though I can’t entirely decide what the thumbnails should look, it should look appealing enough that they’ll play it even if it were paid access.

PS: The gameplay is pretty good so far!

2 Likes

Get in contact with many youtubers, and hire people who can promote your game.

1 Like

Seen that you now own a successful game called Smashing Simulator, I wonder what you ended up doing to kickstart and launch that project to be what it is right now.

1 Like

learning to understand what makes a game tick.

back here I was trying to force players down a specific path with long tutorials. i learned that games should be as intuitive as possible with little to no tutorials at all.

pretty much just make good games, and the algorithm WILL do the rest. if your game doesnt do well, its bad.

Brother, HOW DO YOUR CLICKBAIT GAMES GET 1k+ CCU

Use Discord as opposed to Guilded, build a community there. Realistically, nobody touches Guilded