What constraint should i use for slight knockback?

I’m making a fighting game and I’m not sure what i should use to implement knockback so a player who’s in hitstun gets sent slightly backwards relative to the offensive player. LinearVelocity gave me inconsistent results, LineForce works, but if the player is in the air, they’re sent a gazillion miles away into the air and VectorForce gave the same thing as LineForce but went more horizontally than vertically when the player is in the air. I’m thinking of using something like TweenService, though that may or may not end up in laggy knockback and might cause some bugs. Any ideas?

1 Like

Im only asking as i have not personally used them yet, but have you considered using explosions? Maybe set them to visible false and set the destroyjointradius to zero so doesnt deal damage to humanoid? The blast pressure and radius can maybe be toyed with… just thinking outloud:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/Explosion

I feel like explosion might be too random / inconsistent because I’m aiming for this game to be competitive. I’ll see what i can do with it though.

1 Like

Yeah, nope. Explosion kinda just yielded random results and doesn’t work reliably with what I’m working on.

1 Like