What could I add to my restaurant buffet?

Hello,

Recently, I’ve been working on a restaurant buffet for a project. I’ve tried building most of the aspects a fancy restaurant would have.But what else could I add to the restaurant so it would look very neat and fancy?

?

4 Likes

More seats would be great , there are too many empty areas

4 Likes

Things To Add

• You should add, some more chairs and tables. To fill in a lot of those empty spaces as showed in your images!! and you could add some more of those, lights hanging from the ceiling.

• And for the tables i would suggest you add some of those white table cloths. On each table also you should add, one of those large buffet tables in the corner and different styles of chairs and tables.

• In the empty areas i would add more. Of those (Refrigerated Buffet Table) and some more chairs around the area and tables, and in the shelves by the kitchen part you. Could add some plates,water glasses,forks/dinnerknives.

And that’s all i would add, in your restaurant over all you really done a great job on it.

4 Likes

I’d disagree with the wine part since roblox would never accept alchohol related drinks but perhaps other drinking beverages?

3 Likes

Yea as long as you can clarify, that any liquids in the glass are non-alcoholic, e.g. water but i think they’re are fine if there empty.

3 Likes

The lighting in some areas are lacking (Dark Spots), if its on purpose it doesn’t really fit it, not going to repeat what people said already but all around pretty good :+1:

1 Like

I think it’s too empty and too dark. Maybe try using some ambient?

2 Likes

Hey Carlo,

First of all, the restaurant does look good. Your definitely getting the hang of building a beautiful restaurant. I do see, that your aiming for a high detailed restaurant if I’m not mistaken.

Although I’ve noticed some parts you can improve on:

• Make the tables and the chairs more detailed.
    Currently they look pretty basic, again I’m unsure if you wanted them to look basic. You said your trying to achieve a “fancy” restaurant, which I don’t think will happen with the “basic” chairs and tables you have in-game. You could make them more detailed by remaking for example the shape of the chair. Try googling chair images and get inspired by looking for the perfect chairs for your restaurant. That goes for the table too. It seems just like a basic rounded table, of course it will attract more people if the game is more detailed.

• Fix up the lighting.
    Currently there are a lot of dark areas, due to the shadows. It looks odd, due to the uneven amount of light in some spots. Usually what I do, just to keep a room kind of lighter than usual, is turn off “CastShadow” for the ceiling part. It is supposed to slightly lighten up the room and get rid of the small batches of shadow.

• Add more decoration.
    I’m not sure if that really is the end product, I don’t believe so. Fancy restaurants are usually high-class and have some gold / silver in it. You could try making an eye catching chandelier, which would look very attractive if it’s well made. You can add sleek shelves. There’s a lot of options. If your unsure, you can just search the internet for some picture of a fancy restaurant.

Hope this helped you out buddy.
Keep up the good work and good luck! :slight_smile:

Justin_Limited

3 Likes

I suggest adding bright, nice views out of the windows to give the whole restaurant a nicer vibe. Otherwise, I like the project and hope it does well.

1 Like

Alright Carlo the Blox Dev! I’m all about restaurants and their designs/styles. Your building style looks quite simple and it gives off a very nice feel. Simple/ Low-poly designs are one of my favorite, so I find this style very aesthetic.

Some notes I have for ya:

Layout
Since your style does focus on a more simplistic look the building should feel more tight and connected. Right now I feel like the main seating area is separated from the buffet area. The buffet is the primary part of your restaurant so if possible I would arrange this in the center of the restaurant.

Buffet/ Bar
The buffet design you have now is quite good, but I have a suggestion free of yours to take. Instead of the commonly known line design, what if you created a variety of tables almost like a farmers market or market place. Then you would be able to position people at stations and it would add a unique aspect to your building.
The bar however serves no purpose as it is. The cabinets are very nice, but the space behind the counter is to empty. It should not cover the entire wall unless you reduce the wall size. There should also be working space and realistically reachable storage for staff who work in that location.

Lighting/ Colors
You have a lot of wood colors, but you should also add some color to make the whole scene feel more alive. I would also make sure the entire restaurant feels lit.

Small details
Plants, trash cans, menus, salt/ peppuh/ ketchup shakers, rugs, wall art, glasses, plates, trays, food, abnormalities across furniture (not everything should be perfectly aligned or the same), fish tank. These are all suggestions, but you should add a personality to your building with small decorations pertaining to some theme or restaurant name.

Best of luck!

1 Like

I have some personal suggestions that may improve the overall quality of your build here.

• Added detail would surely improve the overall quality of your build as a whole. Things like better usage of parts on the stools and the counters would surely look nicer. You could make use of negative parts to trim off some of the very square edges used in the build. Unless you’re going for a more Western appearance for your build, I’d recommend modernizing the tables and chairs to properly match the style of restaurant you’re going for. Modernization may include chair cushions, colored table mats and so on. You could also improve the bland walls by adding some restaurant-themed decorative items (something like Captain D’s would do with the fish and nets hanging on their walls) that would fit the style of your restaurant.

• Fixing some minor issues such as the height of the chairs, which realistically no humanoid could properly sit in due to the height matched to the elevation of the tables, may slightly improve the appearance. Lowering the height of the stools would make a nice change as well.

If you’d like any other tips on improving your build, feel free to send me a PM and I will respond as soon as I can.

1 Like