What could i add to this bland building? [Solved]

I know how bad it looks, but what can i add?
Also, this is my first real post here so please tell me if its the wrong place to be doing this. Thank you

Maybe add a pot of plants next to the door and add a chimney. Also, it would look better with a doorknob.

You can add doorknob,some color, trees, sidewalk/path, window curtains, flowers etc. If it is going to be a cabin you should add a nice chimney and fireplace.

• I think the Wood material fits better than WoodPlanks. Who builds a roof using planks?
  • Try extending the roof a little. Here’s a picture of what I mean in case you didn’t understand:
  • As others have pointed out, it would be nice having some sort of chimney.
  • You could vary the colors a little bit (see image above for reference) instead of just using one color.
  • The door feels a bit large in contrast to the windows. Perhaps it would look better if you made the windows a bit larger?
  • The outside feels really empty. Maybe adding some flowers & tall grass would help?
3 Likes

Make one of the roof wedges less wide. This will eliminate that overlap on the very top (where the two top points go through each other).

I would scale one wedge away from the other, turn on collisions, then scale it back until it stops.

I did that, heres the finished version Uploading: Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 12.04.47 PM.png…

I think you hit post before it finished uploading.

My advice is making the windows slightly larger to keep the proportian of the size of the doors and hight of the building.
Example:
If then you have made the windows larger you might have to adjust the door to be larger sized to keep the while building looking in the right proporian. If the door and windows are then complety too large for the roblox character then you can always rescale the whole building with slecting the whole building and using the scale tool.

A nice touch would be to add window doors (not sure if that’s right terminology) like this

1 Like

Shutters, you mean? In all seriousness, I feel he should add those as well as a different colored/material roof.

1 Like

Yes! Shutters, wow total brain fart.

Also like others have mentioned maybe change the size of the windows to be longer vertically.

Thats a really good idea, but i dont know if it would work with the window shape. I will defenitly tru

1 Like

Change the roof color to another then the Wall color, and window frames and have an overhang on the roof too. You never have the same; Floor Color, Wall Color and Roof Color. Also, try a different material for the roof too.