What do I need to do to make this work?

Hello! I am making a theme park swing ride and I am wanting it to swing and spin the seats. I am using tween to swing to ride but the seats are welded to the arm, which is welded to the swinging motor (Part that I tween).

When I then try and tween the seats so they are spinning around at a slow speed through the ride cycle it does not work since all parts are welded together. When I add the spin tween it just makes the whoel arm rotate and just messes it all up.

Can anyone help me?

Yes, I can help you with that! One way to achieve the effect you want is by using a separate part for the seats, which is not directly welded to the arm. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Create a new part and position it where you want the seats to be.
  2. Parent the seats to the new part.
  3. Weld the new part to the arm, but use a “WeldConstraint” instead of a normal “Weld”. This will allow the new part to rotate independently of the arm.
  4. Create a new script and attach it to the new part. This script will be responsible for rotating the seats.

Here’s an example script that rotates the seats slowly over time:

-- This script rotates the seats around the Y axis over time

local SEAT_ROTATION_SPEED = 0.5 -- Adjust this value to change the rotation speed

while true do
    wait() -- Wait for one frame

-- Rotate the seats around the Y axis
    local currentRotation = script.Parent.CFrame
    local newRotation = currentRotation * CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(SEAT_ROTATION_SPEED), 0)
    script.Parent.CFrame = newRotation
end

You can adjust the value of SEAT_ROTATION_SPEED to control how fast the seats rotate. Note that this script uses a while true loop, which runs continuously while the game is running. This is not the most efficient way to do things, but it should work fine for a simple ride like this.

Once you’ve created the new part and attached the script to it, you can add a separate tween for the rotation of the seats. This should not affect the swing motion of the ride itself.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hey! I have done what you have said but it is still not working.

I have used the script you have given for now just to test it out but it is still just moving the arm.

I would video what it is doing but if I do that and show how I have done it to see if it’s correct it will be too long to upload here. Would you like the game file so you can see if I am doing anything wrong? (It is just a baseplate with the ride on it).

Thanks

i dont really know.
I just used chat gpt (ChatGpt AI) because it was too complicated to resolve it because im a bit tired and i fix eazy codes, and hard ones with AI

Ok all good! Thank you for trying :slight_smile:

Have a good rest of your day!

Thank you.
Have a nice day!

:grinning: