What do people want from a roleplay game / how to make a good roleplay game?

If I ever I worked on a roleplay game, I would appreciate if people could give some ideas of things they would like to see in a roleplay game. Maybe something to give a fresh feel to the game. Things like: Features, theme, things to do etc. Any answers much appreciated.

Well, if you’re gonna make something like a life/family center RP game(aka like Bloxburg), then you should make the building far more controlable; there’s a reason only 3k people still play RoCitizens and why 100K play Bloxburg.
If you’re considering any type of RP game, I think you should really try making something like Generic Roleplay Gaem, but more modern. It’s a pretty cool game and I’d love to see more games like it.
Anyways, main takeaway from all I’m saying: people like control. if you give someone a gun for a police job and it doesn’t actually work, they’ll be mad. if you only allow pre-built houses in family RP games, they’ll be mad.
Try giving the player as much control as possible, basically.

2 Likes

looks like roleplay games will become the next trend. Just make it lively and a big map. (Depending on players)