What do you all think about my house?

Hey, developers!

I created this house for a game I will be making. The game will be released on the 23rd of July 2019 and will be complete on December 21st 2019.

Now, here now here is the house,

Now, what do you all think of it?

Feel free to leave comments down below!

Now, thank you!

Happy developing!

8 Likes

No offense, but thats really basic and visually unappealing in general but if you’ve only gotten into development, its somewhat of an ok start.

9 Likes

I have to agree with @0lmx, The house is really basic and the colors does not fit in together. The roof isn’t symmetrical and the door should not be plastic.
However this is a good start if you’re just starting with development. I wish you good luck!

1 Like

There isn’t any appeal visually. The color schemes are off, the door looks odd, and there aren’t really windows.

First of all, I recommend the roof color to match with the wall color.

Since you aren’t using hinges (or are you?) on your door, I recommend making the door transparent (if its a no-collide door). The door knob should be scaled down smaller and have a contrasting color to the door.

The floor is really thick with an odd color; if the floor is that thick I recommend adding steps to reach the door with ease.

Other than that, that’s not too bad. Good job. :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, I am just starting to do this sort of stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks @RomaCommentator. I will try what you suggest! This house is only a start on what I plan to do.

2 Likes

I am only starting with development. I am a bit rusty as I have not built on Roblox in a long time.

Could at least have some windows.

You have to have more detail. Add a handle to the door. You also need windows. A chimney would look good too. For extra decor, maybe plants or a lawn.

Looks so hot. Hoping to see this game at the Featured games page.

The Roblox modeling (aka building) consists of two things, the imagination, and the physical building process. The first one was completely done, just the second one should be practiced. Just don’t forget to stay positive and learn from day to day. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks! I will make sure to do this!

This is the second result,

The original one is by it.

The original result comes first. Check below this picture for the second result.

Thanks! Leave comments to support me!

My opinion is look at some tutorials about building houses like you’rs is basic simple i can provide you with, one if this helps!!

Hope you get better at it good luck man.

2 Likes

Try adding a windowsill to that window. You should also try making some blinds or curtains too.

1 Like

It needs a lot more detail. Here are some suggestions:

Edit, I accidently repeated a few suggestions. Sorry about that :slightly_smiling_face:

Suggestions
  • Maybe decorate the exterior, add a back yard and front yard, maybe a driveway and garage, walkway, trees, bushes, grass, fences/walls ect…

• A window with a window frame around it(maybe have a plant on the window sill).

• Chimney, with this you could add a fire place inside if there’s already an interior.

• Maybe change the colour of the current door handle as it currently blends in with the door and can hardly be seen. You could change it to a darker colour of grey . By the looks of it the handle is a cylinder so maybe do some extra detailing to make it look more realistic. Up to you:
    25%20am

• In my opinion the sides of the roof should be the same colour as the rest of the build and on top of the roof is where the different colour is/ roof tiles:
    23%20am

• Possibly lower the door or add a front porch and stairs up to it:
    59%20am

• It appears you can see the interior floor from outside . Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what’s appearing to happen. I suggest changing this so either it matches to wall colour or maybe slightly darker than the wall colour.

• some hedges around to house?

• A second floor.

• Maybe add a bit of interior like a bedroom and kitchen, unless you are going to be re-using this house lots as it may become a bit laggy from all the parts.

congratulations on what you’ve completed so far and good luck in your future games.

By the way, as I was proof reading this I saw some of my suggestions seemed a bit rude. I have since fixed that but by any chance it still comes off as rude I just want you to know I didn’t mean it to be and I’m sorry.

Please look at the second one.

I mean second picture sorry! My bad!

Anyways, the floor is a different colour to what is on the outside.

And yes, I will be reusing the same house for scenery

Oh sorry for not reading the other replies. With that image I can suggest:

• Adding window sills

• Change the colour of the stair to match the floor colour

• Maybe make the door handle look more realistic like this:
    02%20am
    (Image I found on google)

Hope some of these helped and good luck in your future builds.

1 Like