What do you think about my upcoming map I made

I have been building this for some time with blender. What is your opinions and what could I improve based one these images? All feedback welcome please.

9 Likes

Your map is looking decent, It just feels like maybe some type of like fog or mist would kind of complete the whole thing.

Like trying to give the whole teleportation scene more of like a type of mysterious vibe to it.

2 Likes

The current state of the maps is quite commendable! However, there is always room for improvement.

To enhance the visual appeal, consider incorporating some atmospheric elements or adding a subtle layer of fog. While the low-poly theme is generally appealing, it is important to exercise caution and avoid overdoing it. Given the dense arrangement of objects in a confined space, achieving a perfect balance can be challenging. Perhaps removing a few objects to reduce the crowded feeling would be beneficial. Additionally, introducing a new skybox would greatly enhance the overall aesthetics, in my opinion.

Furthermore, pay attention to the blending of textures to ensure a seamless integration. Additionally, adjusting the positioning of leaves on the smaller trees to start at a higher point could yield a more realistic appearance. Aside from these minor adjustments, the maps are already looking fantastic!

Overall, the progress made on the maps is impressive, and with these refinements, they will undoubtedly reach a higher level of visual appeal.

2 Likes

Thats great to hear. Cause I want to ensure a game that will stand out and also be fun to play, but i want the map to stand out and feel good to be in. Ill update again soon with the fog and remove trees here and there to ensure that density is not over done. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I will incorporate some fog into the scene and will update you guys on it.

1 Like