What do you think about this icon?

Hello, I tried to make an icon for my game, but I don’t know if it’s good, or it does need something else, I’m fairly new to GFX and Photoshop overall, so I would like some opinions about it
Here’s the icon

4 Likes

Maybe make the text a little bigger, Usually the icon would be shrinked to size and it would be hard to read but overall very nice icon for a beginner.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I will make the text a bit bigger and send the result

1 Like

Here’s the new one but with bigger text

I think you can change…

• Move the noob’s hands a little higher!
  • The e in, “Super,” is smudged!
  • Shading! I see that your shading is going to many places. What I mean is that some text shading go down while others go left or right (Same as the noob)!
1 Like

It looks alright (and that’s okay!
!). There seems to be lots of wasted space, and I think the actual focus should be expanded upon both in scale and in how much content is actually there. Keep working at it!

Still, that text is a bit too small to read when you’re talking about game icons. You might want to enlarge it more.

Imagine if your icon was here, it needs to be big enough and easy to read.

1 Like

The arms are in a weird position too. They should be a little bit higher.

First is the text and the noob looks too small and you could do it by resizing it. If the candy and the noob is 1 same image then you can only resize the noob by selecting with selection too on the noob and resize it

Well I know you are fairly new to GFX but I suggest try not to use sunburst if you can

The main danger of cliche is not the lack of originality, but draws people that discover your game to think “Just the same normal boring simulator”, and drives them away not interested.

Cliche is not inherently bad, but try to expand and see how you could make sunburst look more interesting and feel original than making the same sunburst GFX like how lazy GFX designer do it most of the time (unless if the client request them to do that, then that would be a different story)

Thank you all for the tips! I’ll try and apply all of them and send the progress!

1 Like

It can use a few changes, as you can improve the icon by adding a more define text include warm lighting within your icon to bright up the scene more from my point of view. I feel like you could throw some information within it including what the game is about, as it looks here and there.

The icon looks basic if that’s what your going for in my opinion it just needs some small details including better lighting or showing what the game is about in the background. Otherwise it’s a good attempt it could use some small improvements, to make it stand out.

1 Like

Tbh really good. How did u make it? I wanna make logos but I don’t know how yall do itm

1 Like

I made it using blender and photoshop. I downloaded a plugin called rig exporter (I don’t really remember it’s name, I’m on phone) and then exported the noob with it

Ok… Any tips on how to make it with out photopea? If it’s money I am.broke…

Photoshop. I meann I sm bad typer on phone

I 'm not that rich to afford photoshop so I downloaded it from a free software page, if you dont want to download an illegal version of it then you can try paint .net, i think thats the name. It’s similar to photoshop or just use GIMP

The Arms looks weird, Maybe making it higher would be perfect.

Oh, right! I forgot to send out the new version

I made his arms a bit higher

1 Like

Looks a bit plain, something is missing but i cant tell what

Looks nice! Maybe change the noob’s face to a happier one like this face

1 Like