What do you think about this idea?

I have a game in story mode and at the same time in free mode but I have a question. You know in my game there is a main character called max and every player who enters my game will enter and play with max of course my game has about 5 more characters although in the same way, wouldn’t it be strange if everyone had max at the beginning? I also plan to save the player’s avatar in a folder in case he wants to use his avatar, what do you think? but I also think I’m going to put personalized clothing on him. If you have doubts, no problem, I never know how to explain myself well. I have never made a publication of this type so I do not know the category if you know tell me
excuse me for my English
THANKS

2 Likes

please, I beg you, give your opinion without doubt

2 Likes

You know I need your help please I’m desperate

2 Likes

So uh, who is Max?

Tell me about your game please before I can give suggestions.

3 Likes

I really thank you very much for answering: max is a character that I developed who will be the main character of the whole story, another question?

2 Likes

Ok so lemme get this straight.

It’s a multiplayer story game, where everyone starts off as max as a default character or something. And as players play the game they unlock new character or something?

If so I suggest having 3 characters, for players to pick from at the beginning or something. Just basic characters like Max and then maybe a female character and so on.

So players will still find it strange that there are clones of themselves, but since there will be some diversity among players they will probably just brush it off in a bit.

And if you don’t want to implement new starter characters, which won’t hurt your game. Because players may just laugh it off, or find it strange and then just pay attention to the story and forget about the 5 maxes in the room.

3 Likes

What if I make a player have Max’s character when he starts, but the other players see him with his Roblox avatar, how would I do it?

2 Likes

That’s a great idea.

I’d assume you would have to locally change the player. So the player’s avatar changes but doesn’t appear that way.

Thus players will see you in your default avatar, but see themselves as max. So just change the appearence of people like how you would normally do so, but do it on the client.

I bet you some advanced scripter is going to say I’m very incorrect, as I’d assume this is probably not the best way to do it but it is way.

So if you like this idea (I think it’s a great idea) then make a new topic on scripting support about it and you will get suggestions.

3 Likes

thank you very much bro have a good day

3 Likes