What do you think of my game idea?

Hey everyone! I’ve been working on models and the map for a game I’m wanting to create and I would like to hear what you think of the concept.

Concept

The player joins the game and spawns in a huge natural map (screenshots of the map and some models are in my previous posts). The player has a custom inventory and can craft tools and armour etc. The player will have to gather resources and find a crystal. This crystal requires a random amount of random resources. When the player acquires these resources they can activate the portal and they get teleported into the dungeons. Here is a randomly generated map that consists of a bunch of different themed rooms. In these rooms are better ores, and other items such as armour and tools. The dungeons, however, are very dangerous. There are a lot of monsters in it that try to kill the player. Better rooms being more crowded. The goal is to get as many resources as possible and escape by completing the goal of the dungeon or by going back through the portal. In the dungeon you get experience by killing monsters and looting chests. Levelling up gives the player a technology point. These can be used to buy upgrades and skills like extra health points, speed, jump boost, more attack damage and so on.
This is the concept mostly.

Ideas

These are some ideas that I’m thinking about adding perhaps. I’d like your opinion on these.

• Multiplayer: not really an idea this is a necessity but singleplayer has to be made first.
  • Giving the player a plot in the main map where they can set up a custom base.
  • Adding mods: mod parts are found in the dungeon and a few of them make a mod point. This can be used to add things to the players plot, like custom tree growing, fish tanks and lighting options for example.

So far I’ve finished the main map which took me way too long, and I’ve made a lot of models for in it. I’m still looking for a scripter though as I’m not any good at scripting. If you’re interested or know someone who might be, feel free to let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading, I’d love to hear your ideas on this!
–sam

7 Likes

Looks like a good Idea, I wish you luck.

Also if you want to know how to script consider these https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDevKing
https://www.youtube.com/c/AlvinBLOX

and don’t look up “how to make a dungeon game” look up the small details. That’s how I learn to script fast. Look up small aspects like of what your game is trying to do.

“You cant learn anything if you buy a picture, but you can learn by buying a puzzle”

Good luck, shipmaster2410

3 Likes

Yes don’t worry, I’ve been slowly working my way through those video’s and I’m not planning on making them that simple. Funny for me to say that as I don’t script myself, but I just want a good quality game.

2 Likes

A lot of reals games (not from Roblox, reals games) have this concept so of course it’s a good concept ! About the ideas I can just say that the multiplayer is a good idea.

3 Likes

believe me, scripting takes 80% of your time while creating a game, since they add physics and all, that’s why

if wish to not worry about scripting right now, consider doing this:

1. Your Idea (Creating some Ore and stones for mining)
  2. How the scripthing would look like? make sure to write it somewhere, so you will not worry about it and will keep your focus on something else
    –Ex: the player will use an pickaxe, and it will have some delay (5-10 seconds mining animation)

-you see, Pickaxe and Animation, two new factors,

-animations take time, but modelling a pickaxe is kinda fast

–you should worry about creating your pickaxe

–anything else for the ore mining system?

–’‘i got a new idea for this system’’ – the player will be able to carry the ore and will play some animation with it

–Carrying stuff requires some scripting, write the ‘‘carry’’ system so you will worry about it later

– ''all of a sudden i got a new concept idea for an dungeon"
– write it down before you forget about it, start working on it ( if your not doing something else)

something you must consider, when creating the map and assets for it, think about the logic –

–creating a puzzle: have in mind how the puzzle will work out, the unique mechanics
– for example

10 dices in a room, 10 blocks to place dices, what is the mechanic?

–the main objective is: each dice has a number, and on the wall of the room has a full alphabet, but kinda different and with weird words,

then you must add your logic, this is how unique ideas appears

–how the script of this would be?

This: the player can freely place dices on any ''block stand"

–placing and carrying requires more scripting

after placing all blocks it will fire a remote event to the server, the server will check if the word is correct, if correct then play some custcene or stuff opening some door or gate

you don’t need to script every single detail, only the main actions

such as

Carrying items, make sure your ‘‘carry system’’ has a way to detect different types of situations like

carrying a block, carrying ore, carrying something else

the same logic applies to everything, They are carrying something, but carrying a block you will an animation holding it with two hands

while ore you can carry one handed

the script needs to indentify some parameters before doing the carry logic, or it would be really weird

3 Likes