What do you think of my low-poly build?

Could I have some feedback on my low-poly build?

4 Likes

I like it! You really embraced the lowpoly style.

1 Like

I would try add more variation to the scene, with size, rotation, colour. stuff to break up the repetitiveness, the bevelled shapes in my opinion don’t really fit with the style, that is with them being smooth shaded, if you remove the smooth shading it would work much better. As of right now It produces weird shading that isn’t really seen in low poly style scenes.

Reference for trees and ground

The ground could do with some more detail, such as grass and rocks, could also be good to break up the building with a a few more details, maybe try give it some more character. Same goes for the large rock columns.

There’s also a few sites out there with free commercial usage low poly assets, if modelling them isn’t something you’re into. Just make sure the license does say it can be used for commercial things.

Other than that its a great start to a really nice style environment!

3 Likes

Don’t round the edges of the windows. The windows need to be a reasonable height relative to the door. Colour the shop and scenery differently to emphasise the shop. Rotate the trees different for each tree so placement looks relatively natural. Other than that, great style and maybe some tiles to break up the mostly flat scenery. It’s not bad - good job.

Thank you all for the feedback! I’ll try to work on some of these things right now.

Does this look better?

UPDATE:

Added some peanut butter cups around the map!