What do you think on my island?

So for my game I was gonna add islands and an ocean to the lobby. Is this island good? (Multiple images)
Island 1:
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 6.56.05 pm
The whole ocean part of the lobby: (Ignore the move tool)
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 6.56.33 pm
All feedback is accepted!

7 Likes

Looking great! The cartoonish style definitely gives a more “fun” aspect to it. But one thing, is it supposed to be that small?

1 Like

To get a better image of the size, I will insert a statue for scale.
yellow noob is the size of an average avatar
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.06.32 pm

Looks great then! You did a great job.

1 Like

Thanks! If you want a proper scale, feel free to join the game and start exploring!

2 Likes

I like this alot! i have not alot of suggestions to give you, but give the rocks to go to the island some rotations, they’re all pointed in the same direction :sad: , but if you fix that it would be perfect in my eyes :happy1:

The biggest thing to me is the choice of color; I think that the colors right now are a bit too vibrant and harsh.

I edited the photos to give them (in my opinion) a more aesthetically pleasing color palette -

To me, the ocean seemed unnecessarily blue so I brought it down to a light/pastel blue color. The grass is more muted and desaturated to look a bit more natural instead of the neon green astroturf look it had. The sand is also more desaturated for visual consistency.

I think just by being more intentional about color choice, you can vastly increase the quality of your builds—keep it up :+1:

1 Like

Could add bushes, rocks, change the trees, change the shades of yellow, add better lighting with colour correction etc, add more houses and details, I’d say it’s a 2/10 for now.

Hmm, at the state that it’s at now is not very good. I’ve come up with a concise list of changes which I suggest you follow:

The Island:
Smooth out the edges of the island (no island in the real world is like that).

Tree Position:

Vary the tree’s position to not make them look like they’re in a row, it looks like that you’ve copied and pasted free models all over the island.

Border:

Extend the border (the rock wall) so that it completely covers the entirety of the area, don’t leave an empty area at the top, it looks unfinished.

Conclusion:

I’m sorry in advance if I discourage you in the process of my opinions and criticism, but I believe in you that you can create quality work with enough time; remember, practice makes perfect! :+1:

Okay so in the first image I can see a pointy part sticking out, maybe negate that bit out or expand it out with parts? But seems nice, usually builds this big don’t need to much attention toward details. :slight_smile:

Hey nice build but I feel lthe Island is too flat. I don’t know if it’s the camera angle but it looks flat. Also why don’t you try in the Part to Terrain plugin? Maybe it could help with the water?

I like the trees and huts, you did a great job on them! Although I don’t really like the colors, they don’t really fit in very well.

• The sand colors are too bright

• The color of the water is too dark

• One grass color instead of two

The dark colored water isn’t the best, you should change it to something lighter.

Here are a list of improvements I have about the island.

• The 2 empty islands are too spiky. Use less parts when creating them.
  • Like gloows said, there is too less detail put into the island. I feel like it could use some more rocks and bushes.
  • This one was mentioned by xXThe_123Xx; the way the trees are facing is too aligned. Try rotating them more so they don’t look like they are all facing one direction.
  • The island in general (talking about the flooring of it) doesn’t look very detailed. Try adding some sort of material for the sand and the grass.
  • I’m not sure if your game is meant to be this way, but the water looks too solid. What I mean by this, is that it looks like you can just step on top of the water like a normal part. Try adding some more realism, or use actual water from the terrain editor.
  • Like what LiterallyWolfy posted, the 2 colors you put on the island don’t really work together. Try putting one instead.

I hope this feedback helps!

My intention was to make it blocky. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Here is the new island!
Left side of island

Water colour
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 8.33.26 am
Whole island:
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 8.33.07 am

Nice job! It looks a lot better than it used to. I’ve come up with another idea for detail:

Campfire:

Where those huts are in the top-left corner of the island, you could place a campfire in between them.

Ooh! Nice idea :smiley:
Thanks for feedback