What does the 3rd parameter of GlobalDataStore:SetAsync() does?

This is a straight forward question

1 Like

One word for you bud. DOCUMENTS.
Like honestly go look at em, they have all the answers there:

They dont say anything about what it does lol. Maybe you should have looked at them first.

I don’t exactly understand what those userids array is for and your reply isnt exactly helpful

It says key, value, then userid.
three options right there lol. Unless I read it wrong thats what it says

It doesnt exactly say whats the 3rd parameter is for

Table of UserIds, highly recommended to assist with GDPR tracking/removal.

Personally I have no idea what that means but a quick google search couldnt hurt

It says “assist” because it assists with gdpr removal tho that has nothing to do with the actual use of the parameter

While its primary purpose is not directly related to the functionality of setting data itself, it plays a crucial role in associating each piece of data in the data store with the respective user it belongs to. This association is vital for adhering to GDPR requirements, such as providing users with access to their data or fulfilling requests for data deletion (“right to be forgotten”). For example, in a game scenario, storing player settings or progress alongside their UserId allows you to quickly retrieve and update this data as needed, while also maintaining a clear record of data ownership which can assist with GDPR tracking/removal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.