What does timerServiceOnHeartbeat in the micro profiler mean?

I’ve been working with my game and have been consistently getting a random frame drop. I figured it was only something that happened on studio or was a random fluke, but this consistently happens in production (on a live server).

I’ve tried googling this and can’t seem to find anything about it. Does anybody have any experience with this?

The only thing that I could find about TimerService is that it is used by the Debris class. I do not use Debris at all in my code.

Attached are two images of the frame drop from a live server:

EDIT: I tried this is another one of my games (that is completely different than my other game) and the same frame drop happened.

2 Likes

I do not believe TimerServiceOnHeartbeat exists at all. It is probably a renamed procedure or a random studio error.

OP clearly showed an image including it, do you think this is a funny joke?

Anyhow i’ve found information which details that timerserviceonheartbeat relates to the normal game heartbeat and that your code just runs inside of it aswell.

I am 100% sure of this so please do not try to discredit me or i will retaliate strongly.

1 Like

I have a similar problem, I use ProximityPrompts no wheres in my game, but you see, “proximityPromptOnHeartbeat” in the microprofiler

1 Like

It is possible to receive a box saying “timerServiceOnHeartbeat” in the microprofiler when using a timer in your application. This box indicates that a timer is running at regular intervals and is triggered by the system’s heartbeat signal. It is not a bug but rather an important function of the system that ensures reliable and precise timing. If you are seeing this box frequently, it may indicate that you are using timers inefficiently or too frequently, and you may want to investigate ways to optimize your use of timers in your application.