What exactly is "missing" from my game?

The game: The One Block Obby (BETA RELEASE) [PATCH 1.0] - Roblox

I have an obby game, (completely new/original type), I have 483 visits, but 0 active players. I have advertised and that is pretty much where the players are coming from.

From what I have seen in game, most people leave during or just after the tutorial; and based off the graph after around 3 minutes

So I see that people aren’t engaging, but since this this is a level based game I don’t really know how I would do that. Maybe I have to force them into levels, they don’t know what to do, or simply the idea itself isn’t very practical and/or is too difficult to understand.

I plan on adding a storyline/theme like a “prison break” or something like the 100 level platformer on scratch (here:… https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/78941320/ …) but I decided to come here first.

Feel free to go and try it out and give feedback on what to improve or whether the concept is just too strange.

Please I only want honest feedback no matter how critical so I know whether i’m just flogging a dead horse or this idea has potential.

1 Like

funi thumbnail

well that showed up right after I joined : P, probably dont do that /\

Weird UI (press e is so damn big, why is “Play tutorial” just a purple box)

You can literally see the levels

not that bad of a UI but you could definitly improve

You can spawn ur block at spawn, funi glitch that can be abused easily

level button breaks if u die

autoclick goes brr btw

I just noticed that the side buttons dont do anything (alot of them)

oh nvm those are lables
but like, you dont have to keep the lables there ya know

This is literally just lv 2 but with slightly differently placed lines

literally a green box

player collision?

didn’t even bother player lv 2 cuz each level is pretty time consuming and not very interesting

the idea had potential, but, your game definitly needs improvement

2 Likes

Not much i can do about thumbnail an ui because it’s just me idk much about it.

But thanks for the feedback because I thought some of the stuff made more sense to have but I slipped into tunnel vision lol.

I can definitely improve a majority of the other things though.

1 Like

the gameplay is honestly quite hard even for me, a person who plays obbies etc on the regular.
If I’m having problems with playing the game, then I don’t know how bad it is for some random kid.
This is not even mentioning what Panda said above

Are you on mobile or pc?

Some others found it easier so that might just depend on the player or maybe the tutorial needs to be better

by looking at the persons post that played your game here i can tell that it might be because something in your game might not function properly and can maybe be a bit confusing for younger players.
you really should test that your sure that everything in the game works!