What Free Mobile Drawing Apps Do You Recommend

Are there any good free mobile drawing apps for iOS? I’ve been using Clip Studio, but you can’t save / export projects unless you pay.

2 Likes

I don’t know for iOS, but here are my absolute favorites:

IbisPaintX: Autosave, a full-arsenal of brushes, beginner-friendly, manga-maker, all in one app. And the best of all, it’s FREE! The most versatile thing i’ve ever used, and i’ve been using it for 3 years now.

MediBang: You can create custom brushes here, and also multiple tools that could help you draw (but kinda more disorienting than IbisPaintX).

2 Likes

I suggest Adobe Draw. It’s free and all you need to do is register an account. It does have a lack of unique brushes like pencils or spray, but you can still customize the brush for your needs.

There’s also an app called Sketches School or something like that. I don’t remember much about it but I think it’s free. Doesn’t have layers but does have a variety of brushes.

There’s an app called Autodesk Sketchbook that I’m pretty sure is free. There’s a large variety of brushes and it’s quite frankly great. The biggest drawback is that it eats up a lot of data space on your device (For me it did), especially when you make a lot of drawings.

I personally use Adobe Draw the most as it’s easier for me to use, but Autodesk is certainly higher quality. I don’t suggest Sketches School really at all (Mainly due to it’s lack of layers), but it’s an option.

1 Like

IbisPaintX is one of my absolute top favorites, it’s easy to use and free exports, there are many tools to use for free and experiment with. I definitely recommend.

2 Likes

My personal recommendation would be Autodesk Sketchbook. It features a variety of tools, that help you draw very well on a mobile device.

2 Likes

I recommend Sketches, Procreate, and Adobe draw.
Like @memeBOI_lit1337 said, Sketches free version doesn’t provide layers but I’ve found a way to work around that. Procreate is your best option (though it cost money). And Adobe draw is free and can do layers

2 Likes

There are plenty of free drawing apps. A simple search could find you a couple results however with so many apps on the market it can be hard to choose the right drawing app that you’re more comfortable with. I suggest Autodesk Sketchbook if you’re looking for something more simple and free I think this app is the way to go with creating designs.

This is free and available on ISO as well as desktop and mobile devices. Autodesk is nice it allows you to have a lot of brushes over 100 or more, I don’t believe it cluttered most of your screen space. This software has a lot of features that I recommend checking out I believe other user’s have a different app when creating 2D art.

Also here is a site that features 40 drawing apps which are all free i recommend checking it out when you have the time:

1 Like