What Game Should I Make?

So I’ve been making games for about 4 years but haven’t published ANY. Well I did publish two on my old account but I lost access to it. I mainlya do scripting and UI design. I’ve finished some comissions on talent hub before and gained about 6000 robux from them. What Should I do now?

I mean I do want to publish a game but all I ever did was pretty much improving and educating myself while programming half finished games with new mechanics and improved code each time but I never brought them so far so I could release them to the public. I want to finally make my “first” game. I want it to be special lol, due to my experience. Not some old school tycoon or simulator tho, that’s just boring.

I know that my first game is definetly not going to blow up but maybe the 10th. I think I’ll get there some day if I keep on pushing.

So back to my question: Do you have any game idea I could make? If you could image any game, what would you like to play? The idea should be pretty unique, nothing too big (Like an RPG or shooter) and nothing too boring (Like a tycoon or simulator). Pretty much anything would help. Thanks to everyone!

2 Likes

Hmm if you want to make money from your game then you would probably want to make something to appeal to the younger audience of the game e.g. A simulator, a tycoon etc. But if you want to make something to enrich your scripting skills then you should probably make something really advanced eg. a minimap, placement system with grids. In the end, you need to pick something that you find fun and engaging

3 Likes

You can make any games you want to it can be a simulation game a sword game anything you put your mind to you can do

1 Like

if you are REALLY hungry on robux then do this:

• colorful graphics
  • gambling (kids love to gamble pets)
    – make sure to make something like csgo gamble (the line of items) so when a player gets a bad item, show him rare item on the side, so he will be like “omg so close to this rare item, i have to open this again!!!”
  • GAME TUTORIAL! because gen alpha hates figuring things out themselves. if you wont lead them by the hand, they will leave
  • game has to be replayable and not boring
  • make things that waste players time like an unskippable chest opening. that way you will get more premium payouts

edit:

• make sure to do exponential progress and not linear. because when you will look back after progressing in the game, you will think “omg i did so much! im so good at this game!”
4 Likes

This post just solidified my opinion on roblox being a lost cause

1 Like

more like gen alpha is a lost cause

1 Like

Not really, its the fact that roblox devs used to make awesome games (Jailbreak, Break in). But now they’re making dumb games (Sols RNG, Toilet Tower Defense) to appeal to the ‘gen alpha’. And roblox aint doing anything about the promotion of gambling in popular games. So roblox is also a lost cause in a way.

2 Likes

Come up with an original idea like The Strongest Battlegrounds did and you will earn a lot of robux

From my google doc of all my game ideas:

Escape (DevForum Idea 1): The player starts in a small room with only a door, when they walk through the door, it only leads to a slightly bigger room with only a door, however this one requires a button to be pushed before it opens into another slightly bigger room, once again only with a door and a slightly harder puzzle to open it like moving a box or other piece of furniture to reach the door. Each room progressively gets bigger and harder, there could be a timed mode where you either race your previous time or only have a certain amount of time in each room before the whole thing resets and an endless mode where the rooms are randomly generated and never end. (Post links: Post 1 Post 2) This was original at first but then given to another user, he made a rough draft and gave up. I’ve given the idea in more posts but haven’t heard of any more being used.

This could be a good one for you because the only modeling needed will be simple things like the rooms, boxes, doors, bookshelves, etc. so you could focus on the coding which is the part I’m not sure how to make yet. It’s a simple yet fun game, unique, it’s not to big, and it’s something I would definitely play.

If you choose this one, I would enjoy updates on the development :grin:

A great idea! Do you think anyone has ever made a similiar game like this?

1 Like

Thank you! As far as I know there aren’t any similar, the only game coming to mind is Doors

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.