What games are you looking for in roblox?

I guess, they just need something that separates them from any other FPS game

2 Likes

Apologies, I just wanted to have new ideas, I’ve looked at all the posts like these and wanted some more ideas.

2 Likes

Also, since you’re asking for game ideas (requesting help)

I think it might belong better in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support (correct me if I’m wrong please)

EDIT:
Though answering the question, I’m not quite sure there really is an answer. Since it’s kind of personal preference. The community is huge and likes different things and ideas. I’d just say any basic genre that you can go off of, will most likely attract different players. Whichever interests you the most. You could do something simple or be a little more risky and make something completely new and unique.

2 Likes

I see your point. can you specify/elaborate a little more?

1 Like

This is Development discussion (Everything related to development). Apologies if this is not fit for this “category”. I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like

More VR games would be nice. Especially if they incorporated non VR users too. (Not like VR Hands though) Something original!

It’s all good :smiley: To answer your question, I look for games that I can’t create. If I stumble across a game that’s out of my reach, I really like those games but maybe that’s just me :slight_smile: I am a developer after all and I only play games to learn :slight_smile:

Thats a good idea, it would be harder to make than some other games, but would be worth it in the end. Can you elaborate more on the VR aspect of it?

A good, original shooter game would have original mechanics and ideas. Using Fortnite as an example, it allows players to build with materials. That separated it from any other shooter game. It’s also one of the surprisingly rare cases of not being an actual FPS, since your POV is third person.

but making a fortnite game right now isnt good

Thats very interesting, I’ll keep that in mind. I usually go for games I think I would be able to make but not something like a simulator or obby, that I could make in a few days. Thanks for your input.

I agree, I was planning on making a 3rd person shooter thats low poly, fun and fast pace, with an interesting map, but did not really know if people would want to play something like that.

Would something like a wall riding mechanic be original where if you jumped on a wall parallel to you it would put you in a wall ride and you could shoot other players from there?

If you are able to make that, then I guess so :sweat_smile:

Thats true, it would need a lot of work, But in the end could be really interesting and cool.

Well, VR is becoming more and more accessible as time goes on. And I think it would be cool to see some of that come to Roblox! Just VR games that are actual games. VR Hands and games like that are more of a “hangout” rather than a game. Maybe if someone made an actual game that included both VR and non VR players, it could become popular and be a sorta breath of fresh air.

How would you get a working VR system in your game? Would the VR game include a VR headset?

Recategorised to Game Design Support. Read the following for information:

4 Likes

Showcases, also games that link to other games in a string forming one story/game

I’d like to see a game with a well-developed story, like Pokemon Brick Bronze was.

I like games with genres like Book of Monsters, Tower Battles, Tower of Hell, etc. These games just keep me busy.

1 Like