What goes into making a appealing gui?

Hi, I’m always to make a game, but always quit on it during the GUI design, I want to know, what’s the special formula to make an appealing GUI, that can teach the player the in and out’s without being too intrusive, what colors go into making it look good? This is a question that has always been on my mind, and this is my first posting here.

1 Like

You can find numerous resources and tutorials which tackle this specific topic in #learning-resources:community-tutorials.

The following are some of the well received ones:

5 Likes

Well there are many and @byc14 linked some really good examples of some good tutorials but I am going to give you a simple one. Follow a color scheme. Following a color scheme makes the UI look really nice and organized and very appealing to the eye.

I’d suggest making the icons with rounded corners that have an appealing amount of detail. For some reason I always think they look much nicer that way and more modern.

Or you could make the icons bright and nice looking, to grab the players attention. I’ve mostly seen this used in simulators…