Roblox Uno: What happened?

Roblox Uno Thumbnail

This post explains what happened to Roblox Uno.

Crazy 8s (NEW GAME) | Crazy 8s Changelog | Crazy 8s Credits

Last updated: 2023-10-03T10:19:00Z

Important FAQs

Can I still play it? Is this still Roblox Uno?

• In essence, yes. Roblox Uno has been rebranded to Crazy 8s, the game that uno was based upon due to legal issues. Read more in the post below.

What happened to my passes that I bought?

• They’ve all been transferred to the new game. You will not lose anything from this change.

What about my data (wins, badges, etc)?

• All data is transferred to the new game including wins, badges, etc. To get the new badges you’ll have to join the game.

What happened?

Roblox Uno was created in April 2018, and has existed since then. On June 11th, 2023, without any warning or chance to mediate the issue, Mattel, Inc. took down Roblox Uno via DMCA.

Shortly after, UNOfficial was taken down but given 24 hours to fix the issue. This meant they were able to resolve the problem pretty quickly and bring the game up under the same experience. However, we were not able to do the same as the experience itself was moderated, so we had to move to a new one.

A few weeks later, after much effort, we successfully rebranded Roblox Uno into Crazy 8s. This required migrating data over and changing the theming of everything to avoid more legal issues.

Why?

UNO™️ is owned by Mattel, Inc. They decided they did not want any games like uno to exist on Roblox.

Crazy 8s, the game that UNO is based upon, is public domain and therefore we were able to rebrand to it to avoid legal issues. Going forward, this means we should no longer have any conflicts with Mattel.

What’s next

Hopefully, we can move beyond this issue and continue to make great games! We still have a refresh update coming along and a revamp update as well. Make sure to follow our socials to keep up to date!

Here’s a few links you might find useful:

6 Likes