What happened to the "You changed your password" emails?

So in the last half an hour, some person managed to gain access to my account, change my password and attempt to change my email address along with taking 680k robux and a load of tickets, not to mention that they traded away my high value limited items.
I was only alerted to the compromise when i got an email about my email being changed at which point i stopped the change and effectively locked them out of my account. If I had gotten an email about changing the password, I could have stopped them much sooner, possibly preventing some of their actions.
Why was this ever taken away?
2 step verification couldn’t come soon enough.

EDIT: My account was banned for 14 days for adult content and I think I was reimbursed my robux. Cannot check the trades and the tickets have not been reimbursed nor can I see where they went. Oh and did I mention that my place was deleted for adult content too

EDIT 2: I cannot access devforums on any other device than my phone because of the link with your Roblox account. I can only post here because my phone still has a valid session, so doesn’t require me to log in. Make moderation request subforum useless if you ever do get a ban for wrongfully moderated assets

2 Likes

Yeah I mean on a site where accounts can literally be worth $50,000 USD plus in terms of DevEx… I think it’s about time we have something a little more than a text password.

4 Likes

2 Step Verification. Soon-TM

I just tested the password change email, and I got it right away. It’s called “ROBLOX Password Reset” and comes from password_reset@roblox.com. Maybe it’s in your spam folder?

3 Likes

Nothing in my spam folder, nothing in my inbox. Nothing to the old email attached to the account

Can confirm this. Any ROBLOX emails going to molt07@gmail.com (only non-used accounts linked, no longer used email) fail with the exception of the username reminder.

@ReeseMcBlox This is something that is quite a problem, don’t you agree ? How can we do an appeal when we are logged out at ROBLOX.com and aren’t allowed to log back in :wink:

Moving this to web bugs. Intermittent reception of password reset emails.

Are you using a comcast e-mail? They put ROBLOX on the blacklist and there’s no way to get ROBLOX emails in comcast accounts except by disabling the entire spam filter.

I was using a gmail account and it wasnt in spam or inbox