What Happens to Unacknowledged Requests?

I’ve noticed there are a plethora of feature requests that are never acknowledged by Roblox Staff. What happens to these?

An example would be when I was going to make a post on the built-in UI Editor, and why it was lackluster compared to other game engines. However, someone already made a post on the same topic… two years ago.

A lot of the features detailed in that post are features I consider necessary, and in my short time experimenting with the built-in editor, I am already having headaches over those features.

The latest update to the editor was in June of the same year. However, none of the suggestions in the request post were present in the update.

So, what happens to posts like these? Does the possibility just die? Even if I could reply to it, I wouldn’t want to necrobump it.

5 Likes

This has been an evident problem. Even a response or a like from the Staff would be nice, but requests as old as 2 years that are left to rot in the dust can be problematic. For example, how do we show urgency for the feature if we can’t make duplicate/similar topic or bump the original one? I made a feature request about adding blur effects for UI, but the response was no. However, someone else made the exact same topic, and the Staff member took it into consideration because it showed urgency.

I think this yet another dilemma to solve in the Forum.

9 Likes

I’d suggest a megathread asking users for posts of any old requests that haven’t received an acknowledgment from Staff.

Doing this would allow this would allow Staff to see which older requests have more interest, as it’s quite hard to sift through the older posts. It would also allow them to much more easily respond and acknowledge each one.

Has it been two years since I made that post already? :older_man:

Generally older feature requests get, uh, buried, unless an engineer or product manager sees them. Your best recourse is generally to reply to a post expressing a need for it and why (as if you were making your own request) and just hope someone sees it. :frowning:

Megathreads are bad and make it basically impossible to find specific information. As an example, go check out What are you working on currently? (2020) and scroll through it, then try to remember where something was.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s unfortunate. I thought you could sort by likes on a post. It’s also apparently too complex for a plugin.

I can’t really think of a good solution then. It seems like those posts are just lost to time unless the post is noticed by someone then.

This is a problem. There’s a bug with the replication of the velocity property that I reported at least a year ago through post-approval and still hasn’t been addressed or acknowledged. While it wasn’t very urgent, that thread got buried pretty quickly and it’s a good example of this.