We’d like to announce some updates to the UI Editor that make it easier to use and also add new capabilities:
- Added the ability to easily show/hide all UI - just click the eyeball in the top right
- Added a new UI ribbon tab that appears when you select UI objects under StarterGui
- Added easy creation buttons for common UI objects on the UI ribbon tab - try dragging and dropping them into the view!
- Additionally, you can now click on any UI in view and start manipulating it - no need to find the UI Editor button and toggle it
- The UI Editor button now takes you to the new UI ribbon tab, and is placed in the Insert category of the HOME ribbon tab
- Added a shortcut to the Device Emulator feature in the top right, for easy access while testing UI
Check out the UI Editor in action in the following video:
As we make improvements to Studio tools, our goal is to make the development experience better for everyone, whether you are just starting out or have been developing for many years. However for features like this with far reaching aspects, it’s sometimes difficult to predict all the possibilities. Thank You for those of you who are bringing forth your workflows and letting us know any issues you are experiencing. If you’ve already posted, great! We’re listening and will respond in those threads. If not, please try the new updates with your personalized setup and let us know what you think below!