What if Devforums member get a special hat?

I respect your opinion about this , but it may be easy for you to get the spotlight since you’re on twitter and you nearly have 3k followers meaning to say you are well known and having a badge is unnecessary to you , but for people like me with nearly 100 followers or little spotlight , I surely need a badge.

100% agree with this.

You can just check their DevForum profile or look if they’re in the Devforum Roblox group.

2 Likes

No one would have the time to do all of that , as mentioned a badge/hat/name tag is alot easier

Endorsed model program no longer exists. Was stopped over a year ago.

Looking at someone’s groups is almost as easy as looking at badges - like it’s just an extra click.

Groups can be a choice , but that is community made and isn’t official.

RBXDev isn’t suppose to represent anything. The only reason why it has this stigma is because people wave it around like they are some special person. A hat isn’t going to make this any better.

Well aware of that. Just saying that the badge doesn’t represent anything.

1 Like

It may not be “official” but its ran by the devrel and Rbxdev leaders; official all but in name in my opinion.

The reason it’s not official is because Roblox don’t want to endorse elitism within the DevForums, and this is why a badge/hat etc will never happen. They’re moving far away from this elitist ideal that they used to give off.

1 Like

Your own work should speak for you and be the said badge you are looking to get. As Tiger’s work has given him his followers, should you push yourself your work will do just the same.

Simply put, a badge shouldn’t identify you as a DevForum member, instead let your work do that.

4 Likes

What if people don’t know who’s the group owner

The group is enough. It takes roughly the same amount of time to look at someone’s groups as it does their badges. A hat in itself is overdoing it, and you’re just encouraging unsavory people to try to join for some sort of prize.

It’s common knowledge that the requirement to enter the devforums has drastically dropped from a little while ago, too.

There shouldn’t be any “trust” aspect included. All you know from someone in the devforum is that they (most likely) have a refined development skill.

And on the topic of elitism – it’s better kept at bay without a special hat or badge. This shouldn’t really be up for debate.

1 Like

Just a month and a half ago, a devforum user was caught giving away free “exploits” (in reality, RATs) to random kids on Discord. You should never trust a person just because they are a member of this community. A few bad people will always get past the filters and they might not care about their devforum membership or Roblox account.

6 Likes

Well , they’re now caught and possibly since I don’t know about the story , banned. Meaning to say only the trusted can be left in the Devforums.

That is why I said “to an extent” and they most likely already faced the consequences I’ve explained in my post.

The person is still a “New Member”.

1 Like

Why?

Stop.

You should be here for the community, not for any perks of being in devforum, plus no one would even care. My BWH/RBTH isn’t even noticed on a blue moon (not that I really care because it was given to me for working for it and it looks 11/10)

2 Likes

Why not though? We worked hard to be here , we deserve it.