What is a good amount of parts for roblox game

I didn’t take it that way, but I can see what you meant. I just used that as a point for OP, not to worry about people on old hardware as much as those on new hardware. :slight_smile:

Edited initial post, hope i cleared it up. :slight_smile:

Everything is clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally, I try to keep it below 10,000 to accommodate as many users as possible. However, generally the polygon/triangle count is more important, I think.

1 Like

Hello!

It is a common understanding that many games on and off the ROBLOX Platform use imported objects and textures to enhance a players’ gaming experience.

I will discuss multiple subjects about your question in order to provide you with a reliable answer.

Imported

When importing an object into the ROBLOX Platform, it requires a minimum and a maximum number of Poly’s/Triangles.

The more Poly an object has the more likely it is to cause an increase of server lag.

An object with a minimal amount of Poly will prevent a significant increase of server lag.

General Conclusion

One of ROBLOX’s most renowned games’ currently on it’s Platform is Jailbreak.

Jailbreak is a large-map game with many scripts, GUI’s, and is constantly updating.

As large as the map is, and with the many moving parts that it has, it maintains a smooth gameplay with little lag. Why is that?

Low poly

Just about all of the objects in the game are insanely low poly compared to many other games on the ROBLOX Platform, yet still maintain a sleek look to it that appeals to many ROBLOXians.

If you want an accurate depiction of how many parts/objects a game should have then you should take into account all the info stated above, and never forget to factor in whether or not those parts are Animated, have Textures, or are Scripted.

D3V

3 Likes