What is "BruteForceAllSlow" in RaycastParams

Today I found that a new property was integrated into the RaycastParams, it’s called “BruteForceAllSlow” but there is no documentation about it

4 Likes

Where did you find mention of this? Because there is no mention of it on the DevHub and even the linter, when strict typing is on, complains about it:

Edit: Misspelled the member name, but still, the same thing occurs

1 Like

imagen

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s a beta feature you may have accidentally gotten access to early as there is no documentation of it or mention of it on the forums anywhere.

3 Likes

Yeah, there is no devforum posts about it, I searched through the release notes but there is nothing, the beta features do not mention it

i’m special :blush:

2 Likes

Looks like it’s popped up again:

No description to be found.

2 Likes

Its mentioned on the WorldRoot:Raycast() page in the RaycastParams section, though theres still no description of it. The initialization shows that BruteForceAllSlow defaults to false, which is a good thing to know I guess.

1 Like

It popped up for me too, I did a bit of research and apparently, no one had talked about it but a few, and there wasn’t really an explanation however I found an article talking about it however for other versions of LUA, I think it skips/leaves/destroys all of the slow raycasts or something within raycasting and picks the best/fastest ones It may be the results also or the slow raycasts, which also explains why they had it as false automatically. (Probably)

1 Like

Roblox optimizes raycasts by only testing parts that might overlap the ray. BruteForceAllSlow sounds like it would check every part in the game, hence the name Slow.

9 Likes