What is causing the teleport load times to be instant in one game, but long in the other even though they're exact copies?

In my game Cube Defense, players step on a pad and are then teleported to a private server with whoever else is on the pad. The average load times range anywhere between 20 - 70 seconds. But in a separate place which is an exact copy of the original game, the load times are between 5 - 8 seconds. Keep in mind, there is no difference between the two games, yet the load times are significantly better in the cloned place than the original. I have tested this with many different players and the results are all the same.

Here are some things to keep in mind before answering my question…

• Both games are exact copies - Nothing has been changed
  • The original game was created in 2018, while the cloned place was created a few days ago
  • The average concurrent player count of the original game is between 400 and 700 on average
  • Team create is enabled in both games and they both contain a decent amount of packages

So the question is, why does the teleport take significantly longer in the original game compared to the cloned one?

1 Like

I frankly have no idea. But it might have something to do with the amount of players you got on the original game. Maybe it’s using more of the computing power(something idk) of your dedicated space on Roblox Servers. I really have no idea, but I know something, and that is, that the issue is almost certainly stemming from the number of players you have. Age and similar doesn’t matter, as scripts and functions are updated no matter what.

I ended up disabling Team Create, and then re-enabling it. For reasons that I do not know, that seemed to fix it. Load times take seconds now and not minutes. Considering that team create was enabled on the game for over 2 years without interruption, my best guess is that the server was outdated and needed a refresh from it.

2 Likes