What is causing this weird collision?

Noticed this weird collision when I was testing. What is the possible cause of this and how can I fix it?

robloxapp-20200929-2343073.wmv (2.2 MB)

Looks like the part is a union? Unioned parts do not have a perfect geometry hitbox and may result to these artefacts. I’d suggest to not use unions (yet) because they aren’t that reliable.

Also please convert your .wmv video to .mp4 next time so we don’t have to download the video :slight_smile:

Yeah, I thought that at first, but it’s not a union, it’s just a normal part, which makes it all the weirder. Also, how would I convert that lol, idk how.

I see, maybe check if there’s an invisible part somewhere? If else fails, can you provide a small place file with the chunk of the map for me to take a further look?

Also you can convert videos to mp4 with VLC. I highly discourage using online converters as they severely compress videos and there’s no guarantee your videos are kept safe afterwards.

1 Like

I’ll check around a bit more. Are cylinders known to have weird hitboxes? I used a cylinder to make the island, and it seems to be occurring around that cylinder. What is VLC lol?

Not that I know of. Cylinders should work just fine.

It’s a video player and video converter

I think that the problem is the parts going through eachother

I didn’t think that was normally a problem.

Hey! I made a new video showcasing some of the problems and conveted it to mp4, so here you go. I think the cylinders are super broken for some reason. As you can see from the video, they have really weird hitboxes. Also, the staircase at the end is a union, just fyi. Sorry for the poor quality.