What is Considered a "Chart Obby"

So i have noticed a lot of these so called “Chart Obby” games coming up and wanted to create my own. I need a few questions answered though:

• What is a Chart Obby
  • How does one’s game qualify as a chart obby
  • What are the guidelines of a chart obby game (For example does it have to go up or and certain direction)

I have played a chart obby but still don’t fully understand the concept of it.

3 Likes
  1. A chart obby is based on the level difficulty for the stages during the obby. You’ll need to start from “Effortless” to “Nil”.
    As you pass through more stages, the level difficulty of the obby will become more harder depending on what level difficulty you are on.

2. A chart obby is simple to build, it’s just making a regular obby with different difficulty stages: You may make it with ladders, kill parts, jump pads, etc.

3. There are no certain guidelines or regulations on making a difficulty chart obby, you can make your obby twisty, or going in a straight and organized way. Though I highly suggest placing down spawn points from time to time, as it helps the player while they are progressing through the stages. So if they die from a specific stage, they don’t have to restart way back from the beginning of the game - instead, there will be a spawn point after every stage they finish.

6 Likes