What is FastCast?

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to know what fastcast is in scripting.
  2. What is the issue? I watch tutorials and they never seem to help
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Youtube, Developer Hub

Here is a script i recently seen that had me even more curious

local caster = FastCast.new()

Now please help. I cant every seem to understand what it means or does, and how did you learn it?

2 Likes

I should warn you that asking a question is not a substitute for doing a search. Your question was answered in about ten minutes, the search took me ten seconds. I just searched “Roblox fastcast” on Google and it was in the top three search results. You’ll get answers a lot faster off of Google than by asking a small handful of volunteers in a region that’s getting ready to sleep. We should be your last resort. That said though, we are of course happy to help. Let me know if you have any questions about this that you can’t answer with a search or by skimming the comments and documentation.

5 Likes

Hey there!

Not sure if I’m allowed to give out the solution in this section, but I can redirect you to some helpful videos regarding your question.

Video 1:
CLICK THIS > How to make a REALISTIC Gun with FastCast: Travel Time, Bullet Drop, and More (Ep.1) - Roblox Studio

Video2:
CLICK THIS > Advanced Roblox Scripting Tutorial #24 - Raycasting (Beginner to Pro 2019)

These videos talk a lot about how to get into the usage of rays, fast cast, etc. To sum it up it is basically distance, its used mostly to make weapons, helps physics, etc.

Here’s an open source module if you were curious about looking into the code.

Hope this was helpful.

3 Likes

If you are still learning how to make guns, don’t just aim for perfection, experiment more. And you also shouldn’t be using a module you don’t know how works, it may break anytime and you won’t know what to do.

You can give out the solution, but you shouldn’t give out whole sections of working code. You can give code examples and stuff, but we don’t write scripts for people. Don’t sweat it though, you won’t get in trouble even then. We just want to encourage critical thinking and learning and stuff.

2 Likes