What is missing from this GFX?

So this is my first attempt at “Anime GFX” and I can’t quite figure out what it is missing compared to the one’s you would normally see in game! I feel like it doesn’t really pack a punch? Or maybe everything is blended in too much? I know the text isn’t great and I have been trying to figure that out as well but many of my attempts of a more bulky simulator font has proved to be jarring in contrast to the actual image. Any feedback on this would be appreciated!

8 Likes

the text blends in with the background too much it doesn’t pop and it’s hard to see and i think it should have brighter colors that stand out more

5 Likes

Thats true! Ill try to do that the next time I have time to work on it, ty :slight_smile:

I agree with the first reply. Try playing with 3D text with a background, or no text at all.

1 Like

This GFX looks very good! I don’t think anything’s missing from it. Nice job on it!

1 Like

i think the shading and light are the problem , darker shadows and brighter lights would make things pop out more
also as somebody said , the logo just doesn’t pop out , a dark outline on the outside might do the trick , but its not the best solution.

Thank you very much! Sorry for the late reply was a bit busy :c

Alright, I’ll keep that in mind! I think you are right, I will try to use some dark shadows/brighter lights and I have been playing with some logos that are a bit easier to read. Thank you for the feedback everyone :smiley: I think I figured out what I needed to do for the most part!

1 Like

I know this is old but I would recommend better balancing the colour warmth, there’s far too many warm tones and you need to compensate with cooler shadows and I can see you tried doing that.

However I wouldn’t say you did enough cooler tones to properly balance the image - also this might help with the text problem aswell.

1 Like

You are right! I didnt think of that, I’ll try to do that along with all the other suggestions. It has been improving a lot so far and I think doing what you said might complete the gfx, thank you :blush:

1 Like

Add a stroke and outline the character and make it stand out. And the text is too flat make it a 3D type text. Also try to get your characters whole upper body in the frame like get the entire hat in the frame aswell. Try playing with the contrast and color settings to see which makes the GFX pop more.

I think you have made the text overlay, but it’s not that catchy.
And the character dosen’t have light, it seems dull.