What is the avg amount of USD to spend making a game?

I agree. Having basically everything be free makes it easier to focus more on development, and less on managing a budget.

1 Like

I think the 600K number he mentioned is wrong, because I remember seeing berezaa say in a certain thread that he invested 60K (not 600K) of his own money into his studio, whether it be for paying developers or renting office space or whatever.

1 Like

No I got Robux, I’m just wondering how much I would need to spend.

It is 600k Dollars not 60k. He did invest 60k of his own money, but the rest was covered by investment.

1 Like

If you haven’t noticed already Berezaa owns Miners Haven which has made over a million dollars.

1 Like

@TheGuyThatScripts Where did you get the number 600,000? According to his higher DevEx rates testimony, it cost 130,000 to make.

To answer OP’s question, there is no average amount of USD it costs to make a game. If you have the skills or people willing to take a percentage pay, it can cost 0. However, if you want to pay developers up front, it can cost a lot more.

1 Like

If Miner’s Haven has made over a million USD, then it falls into the first category I mentioned, which is that he’s already extremely successful on the platform, and therefore already has the money to spend on other projects.

Most projects DO NOT have a $600,000 budget as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

For the amount of robux you would spend, probably not 600k, because not everyone has the ability to put that much into development. If this is one of your first projects, you probably will be doing it solo or with 1-2 other people, probably people who won’t ask for much in terms of compensation.

If you already have some games that are earning you robux, you might be able to set yourself a budget, not as high a budget as say, Vexera, but a budget nonetheless.

1 Like

In that thread it said that it cost 130,000 USD total at that point, 60K of his own money and 70K of what Roblox paid him from the incubator program. Not sure where you’re getting 600K.

I was skeptical of 600k being spent on a game on Roblox. For berezza, 130k would seem reasonable, since the 60k was probably a result of Miner’s Haven and others.

1 Like

Not to mention spending 600K by himself would be a terrible money move. If it flopped, berezaa would’ve lost a sizeable chunk of his money. Also, the prospect of actual investors investing into a Roblox game is very slim, as how are games are clsoed off and limited to the Roblox platform, compared to other games.

And for the question, there is no real answer, but rather, a plethora of subjective ones. It depends on what are your goals for the game, how much effort and quality you want it to be, and how much people are involved. As others have said, many tend to spend no actual money on their game besides paying for BC/OBC costs. Meanwhile, others could spend hundreds, if not thousands, if they wish to make this as professional and top-notch as they can, with the help of commissioners and partners. As I don’t have enough detail for your game, I can’t recommend a figure, but I’d say what you believe is best is right for you. It’s your game, your vision. You get to control how it goes.

Exactly. I don’t think there’s a game on Roblox that could safely have 600k invested into it and still break even, much less make a profit, considering that you’d need 225,000,000 robux to DevEx to make a profit on that kind of investment into a game.

Depends. I’d guess maybe 250k on advertising and promoting your game and anywhere from 50k to 300k on hiring developers. (depends how big the game is and how much you can do on your own)

Although thats all in robux, Im unsure for USD.

Its entirely dependent on your programming, building, and social skills, don’t worry about how much money it will take for you to make your first game, if you are a programmer only, you can finish a game with free assets found on the toolbox and only lose time as a result; but you’ll only have LiveOps and the Rthro category to feature you game with currently, but that can be enough to build up some group members for your games group, receive feedback, and learn from your mistakes and make even better second game and possibly have the robux to advertise it.

I think he meant, where did berezza say this, and can you provide a link to it?

Not a single penny will be spent during game development.
Except for uploading audios, badges and uploading a video on your game’s page.

For me, I make rhythm games, which is a pain to upload over 70+ audio files.

Professionally made UI, translations is optional where as GFX is essential however it’s the cheapest profession if you know the right people to contact. Roblox’s community has the lowest standards when it comes to aesthetics, long as the gameplay is polished and you market it properly you’re bound to make a reasonable sum of money.

Budget varies on what your skillsets are. Anyone is capable of 3D modeling,programming, and other skills that contribute to a project’s success rate however doing it solo isn’t always the key to success. Solo development can result in becoming overwhelmed, the final product being rushed or the execution being poor.

I believe @EnDarke is more familiar with modeling over programming meaning that isn’t an option for him at the moment unless he’s willing to temporarily halt production until he’s more experienced with programming.

When you calculated the total amount, did you remember how roblox reserves 80% of all game revenue when converted into USD where as miners haven only gains 20% of that conversion? If so did you also take into consideration other expenses like endorsements, distributing it evenly within the team?

berezaa Games

I feel as if you’re assuming based off of common sense however that isn’t an accurate way to collect data. Everything said here is only speculation unless you’ve got factual evidence to back up your claims.

Agreed. Uploading things for a game seems to always be the really expensive part.

This assumes that the “million dollars” being supposedly raked in is truly the actual figures. In all reality, it could be more than that, or less than that.

This site shows the gamepass revenue from Miner’s Haven to be at almost 97 million robux. When you multiple that by 0.7 to account for the marketplace fee, this comes to 67,79,6400 Robux that went to berezaa’s team, which is nowhere near the DevEx amount for 1 million dollars. Even the pre-fee amount was nowhere close. Now, this doesn’t account for Dev Product sales but I doubt that even with those the amount wouldn’t be the 1 million tier.

This is even spread out throughout the entire lifetime of Miner’s Haven. While berezaa has certainly earned a lot of money from that game, it is not anywhere close to 1 million dollars.