What is the best method to advertising my game? [250K BUDGET]

I have an obby that is nearly finished (similar to the easy rainbow obbies). The game is well made. It’s not rushed or “poorly made”. It has simple yet clean UI and is a well-made and easy obby. I’d say it’s better than your average rushed “easy rainbow obby”. But I’m worried about it flopping as I’ve invested a lot of time and robux into this game. I have a budget of 250K robux when it comes to advertising. What is the best way for me to advertise my game? I have not yet tested out how the icon would do on sponsorships, and I’m not sure if I should do advertisements or sponsorships or if I should both (currently leaning towards sponsorships). My goal is to have a stable player base/influx of players even after the sponsorships/advertisments have run out (not for my game to die out as soon as the advertisements/sponsorships are over). Is this possible or will I have to advertise/sponsor my game every single day for it to have a stable CCU and not die out? What is the most effective way for me to advertise my game to gain a stable CCU? Should I spend a lot on advertising over a short period, or spend less over a longer period? Should I do only sponsorships or only advertisements (or both)? Any advice is appreciated!

1 Like

add me on discord @jaaaamie i can help u with this

nahhh bro is boutta hit a lick :skull:

6 Likes

This reply might be incredibly long, but trust me, there’s probably many people just like you that are in the exact same position and are rather uncertain about what to do, and it’s happened to me personally, but not with a 250k budget, but I have an idea of what you can do to consistently get players in your game with advertising, as I am not a newcomer to it.

First of all, you’re incredibly lucky to have an insane budget of 250k, so that gives you an extreme advantage. As you stated, you want consistent players, so I would recommend spending 1k on adverts every day for 250 days, as you have 250,000 Robux. Another option could be spending 2k on adverts every day for 125 days. Or the third option would be maybe decreasing the budget a little bit and maybe saving. If the other 2 options I have provided have not worked out very well, it could lead to disappointment and doubt about the success of your game, and it can be incredibly hard sometimes for a genuine answer, as not many people are in these kinds of situations, maybe you need to research online or maybe on YouTube about things that are more in detail and match to your situation, and then consider whether it’s the right choice, this is incredibly risky shall I say because we’re talking huge amounts here, and of course, nobody wants to waste 250k.

A fourth option would be organic growth. Ensure that you have key terms in your game title that users will search commonly. I found organic growth and visits from search vital to my game after advertising, and you can see how you get your visits in the analytics section when updating your game. Maybe also add an ‘Invite Friends’ button and that might help maybe, and it would be better if you maybe added a feature where if you invite your friend you can get 2x speed, or anything that will benefit the player just from inviting people because that can create a chain of people playing your game if used well. If you find that the organic growth of your game is plausible, then advertising it would be the next step.

Also, don’t take your game as a project that will fail and flop if you stop advertising. If your game is captivating and gets players to join the game again and again, that will increase your growth even more, even without adverts, because with Roblox games, you need the player to join and join to earn something. Stopping your advertising won’t mean that your game will instantly die. When I advertised my geography game around Christmas and New Years Eve of 2021, my game still grew and got even more visits than when I advertised it and those adverts then helped me well on into 2022 and this year.

As with whether you should use user ads or sponsorships, I’d say the dev community is very divided on that and just depends on your personal experiences and preference. For some games, sponsorships work better than others, but I would test out to see whether your game would perform better with user ads or sponsorships because it really depends. The option that gets you the most clicks and players specifically would be the best way to go, but when testing out, do it in small doses. Don’t go full out on advertising because regret comes in. Personally, user ads worked better for me always so when I do advertise my game, I make sure to use them.

Anyways, I’m open for your comments and what you think, and we can expand on this more. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions if needed.

1 Like

putting 1 or 2k on ads would be an absolute waste, 250k is the bare minimum and should be spread across around 10 days. Id advise you dont give financial advice if you dont have that much experience.

1 Like

10,000 to test your icon, once you have a good icon, 25,000 to test retention. If that looks good, I’d go for 215,000 over a two week period. If the retention looks shit, I strongly advise against putting any more robux into the game